Hi primers, new to the forum & NSX

mms

15.000 miles
JH4NA1158NT000453
Snap ring range
for the rest in perfect museum condition
bone stock

I found this car 6 months ago, we are still in the negotiation process, imported to VE from US in 1992, and storaged 6 years ago, the car belongs to a trusted person with all the car history and papers, etc.

there are no more than 10 nsx in Venezuela so its a really difficult car to find over here and more in this condition.

The car will remain in mint condition with only performance modifications for ocasional track use, here is not posible to use it as a daily car.

What price its aceptable and just for the buyer and seller for this car?
how much do i need to spend in spare parts (for the start up) and what is the recomended safe start up process for a 6 year sleeping nsx?

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thank you in advance for any information!
Massimo

Hard to guess price in VE if it's 1 of 10. You may want to search as there is lot of information related to your situation. Don't do anything with out reading first!

I wouldn't have a clue as to what the market price would be for an NSX in Venezuela.

Some on prime would say 'never' consider one in the 'snap ring' range. I on the other hand purchased one in the snap ring range. So far so good, but there is that risk. Not all are affected.

But a 92 with 15k original miles is a rare find.

I would guess a person would want to have the water pump/timing belt replaced for sure as well as the hoses and tires. It is a 21 year old car. If all this was done prior to the 6 years of sitting you would probably be fine. But if it is still all original you would want have the maintenance done.

I'm not even sure what a good market price for the USA would be on a car like this. My gut says $30k to $35k being in the snap ring range and otherwise pristine. But it is possible it could demand more.

Basically, it is worth what somebody is willing to pay.

Keep us posted... maybe others on prime will be more helpful.

PS. As for the snap ring range, a person can always upgrade the transmission to the short gears & then have no worries :smile:

If the engine has not been started for 6 years that is not good news. I would absolutely not try to start it with the started but see if the motor will turn by hand. In other words, a breaker bar hooked up to the crankshaft pulley. I would pull all the spark plugs out, and put some oil into the cylinders first. Let it soak for a day. Then turn the motor by hand with the plugs still out. If it seems to turn fine, only then would I even consider starting it, but I would probably drain the gas tank and fill with new gas too. There is probably some suspension damage if it has been sitting like that for 6 years. More so to the fronts than the rears. The car needs some TLC. As for price, I have no idea.

Interesting find for sure ...

As above, drain and replace all fluids inc brake\clutch\ac gas, turn it over by hand initially to avoid (potentially) costly first running.

Tyres, coolant hoses, filters will all want replacing, calipers should be overhauled and more info on why stored as shown to help understand any suspension issues.

If no records of electrical tlc then probably a good precaution to pull the ac board, amp boards and replace main relay.

Cleaning should include a good coating of rubber treatment for all door, bonnet and boot seals.

Hope you can strike the deal as it sounds like you wont find another one anytime soon

As for price ... whats it worth to you is all that matters.

I started a 1991 with even less miles than this, and it sat three times longer.
-check for oil, water leaks under car.
-Drain the fuel and replace
-change oil
-Drain and replace coolant
-check entire car, including intake and exhaust for mice droppings. If you find some, check the entire car for damage.
-disconnect fuel pump and turn over for 5 to 10 seconds with the starter, let sit for 30 min. turn over again for 5 to 10 seconds, let sit for 30 min, turn over again for 5 to 10 seconds, repeat until done at least 5 - 10 times. Wait times are to let the starter cool.
-reconnect the fuel pump, turn the key to ing., listen for the fuel pump and wait for fuel pump to stop, then start it up. (This one started up in 2 seconds)

then, get all maintenance up to date. Timing Belt, water pump, hoses, filters, etc.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a clue as to what the market price would be for an NSX in Venezuela.

Some on prime would say 'never' consider one in the 'snap ring' range. I on the other hand purchased one in the snap ring range. So far so good, but there is that risk. Not all are affected.

But a 92 with 15k original miles is a rare find.

I would guess a person would want to have the water pump/timing belt replaced for sure as well as the hoses and tires. It is a 21 year old car. If all this was done prior to the 6 years of sitting you would probably be fine. But if it is still all original you would want have the maintenance done.

I'm not even sure what a good market price for the USA would be on a car like this. My gut says $30k to $35k being in the snap ring range and otherwise pristine. But it is possible it could demand more.

Basically, it is worth what somebody is willing to pay.

Keep us posted... maybe others on prime will be more helpful.

PS. As for the snap ring range, a person can always upgrade the transmission to the short gears & then have no worries :smile:

good info i will start the research on the transmission solutions, I am just taking prices and considerations like the car was in the US Market.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are there jack stands in that location and why is only the front on stands?

i think owner wanted to reduce possible damage to tyres and susp.

- - - Updated - - -

If the engine has not been started for 6 years that is not good news. I would absolutely not try to start it with the started but see if the motor will turn by hand. In other words, a breaker bar hooked up to the crankshaft pulley. I would pull all the spark plugs out, and put some oil into the cylinders first. Let it soak for a day. Then turn the motor by hand with the plugs still out. If it seems to turn fine, only then would I even consider starting it, but I would probably drain the gas tank and fill with new gas too. There is probably some suspension damage if it has been sitting like that for 6 years. More so to the fronts than the rears. The car needs some TLC. As for price, I have no idea.

good thank you.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting find for sure ...

As above, drain and replace all fluids inc brake\clutch\ac gas, turn it over by hand initially to avoid (potentially) costly first running.

Tyres, coolant hoses, filters will all want replacing, calipers should be overhauled and more info on why stored as shown to help understand any suspension issues.

If no records of electrical tlc then probably a good precaution to pull the ac board, amp boards and replace main relay.

Cleaning should include a good coating of rubber treatment for all door, bonnet and boot seals.

Hope you can strike the deal as it sounds like you wont find another one anytime soon

As for price ... whats it worth to you is all that matters.

thank you, building a list of spares for the startup if i get the car.

- - - Updated - - -

I started a 1991 with even less miles than this, and it sat three times longer.
-check for oil, water leaks under car.
-Drain the fuel and replace
-change oil
-Drain and replace coolant
-check entire car, including intake and exhaust for mice droppings. If you find some, check the entire car for damage.
-disconnect fuel pump and turn over for 5 to 10 seconds with the starter, let sit for 30 min. turn over again for 5 to 10 seconds, let sit for 30 min, turn over again for 5 to 10 seconds, repeat until done at least 5 - 10 times. Wait times are to let the starter cool.
-reconnect the fuel pump, turn the key to ing., listen for the fuel pump and wait for fuel pump to stop, then start it up. (This one started up in 2 seconds)

then, get all maintenance up to date. Timing Belt, water pump, hoses, filters, etc.

no leaks, no mice droppings as i could see, the car really looks good, dirty but new, i recall i conected the battery to move the driver seat back and it worked fine!, if i get it ill pm you for some advice, thank you

Last edited:
Back