Hi, I'm new to the board!

I am considering buying a 93-94 NSX as a project car/weekend toy. I relly like the 95 NSX-T, but it is more than I want to spend.

I have driven several 91 and 92s in the past and thoroughly enjoyed them. Is there any substantial reason to purchase a 93 or 94 versus a less expensive 91 or 92, other than the snap ring issue?

I am also considering buying a new S2000. The thought of having a new car warranty is reassuring and a Comptech supercharger should make up for any acceleration shortfall. I have also thought about an M3 (e36), but it is too similar to my current car and is not sporty looking enough.

Your opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Is there any substantial reason to purchase a 93 or 94 versus a less expensive 91 or 92, other than the snap ring issue?

There are other improvements, such as the R134a refrigerant, the passenger airbag, and the larger wheels. Check out the "Changes by Year" section of the FAQ for a complete list.

I am also considering buying a new S2000. The thought of having a new car warranty is reassuring and a Comptech supercharger should make up for any acceleration shortfall.

Hmmm... What about the thought that any problems caused by the supercharger would not be covered under warranty?

Nsxtasy,

You have a point in regards to warranty issues with an aftermarket supercharger. Do you think Honda would void the entire warranty on the engine for installing a supercharger?

Thanks for the tip on FAQ. That section answered a lot of my questions. It looks like the 94 has some nice improvements over the earlier production years. I do like the larger wheels quite a lot more than the 91-93 version. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Cerberus (edited 24 March 2002).]

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Do you think Honda would void the entire warranty on the engine for installing a supercharger?

Not exactly. The warranty on the engine remains in effect. However, any problems that are caused by the supercharger are not covered by the warranty. Furthermore, in the event of problems, you may find yourself at Acura's mercy regarding a determination of whether or not a problem was caused by the supercharger.

Some people are willing to take this risk in order to do mods. Others are not, and wait until a car is out of warranty anyway before doing serious mods. Of course, that's up to you - but particularly if you're buying a new car because of the peace of mind that the warranty gives, it's something to consider carefully.

You may want to do some research on the S2000 boards before proceeding, to find out about the experience that folks have had with the supercharger and other mods.

I have both an S2000 and an NSX both with Comptech superchargers. If you have any questions please feel free to private me. They are very different cars and both have their pros and cons.

Back