Hi.... I am looking for a NSX and need some help here...

Hi to all...
I have been thinking of buying a NSX for long time and this is the time I decided I would go for it.

I am looking for a 02 NSX...

So I am wondering what sources out there would be best for me if I want to search for an NSX?
I have tried autotrader.com and cars.com but I am wondering what are there any dearlers that would be specialized in NSX?
THanks

Last edited:
I watced e-bay for about a year, went and looked at two cars and drove one of them before I purchased my car. I didn't find out about this site until after my purchase. On e-Bay it is easy to watch and see if they are selling and for how much. Be sure and check the auctions that have closed. There are a lot of NSXs that do not sell, Reserve Not Met.

Go and look at every car that is reasonably close to you. You are making a big investment, get what you are paying for. Take your time and start getting smart on what is out there. This site is the best, but you will see more action on e-bay.

Obviously you want an early "New Style" NSX if you are looking for an "02". I would bet that most 02s are going to be quite well kept, but if you are not capable of the inspection yourself get an ACURA tech to do it for you. They know the cars and will tell you the truth, especially if they have been maintaining the car.

Be advised that to get the maintenance records from a dealer you will need a release from the owner, or the owner in person to go to the dealership to get them. It's almost as bad as getting medical records. If the car is out of town get all of the records, when you buy it, that you can. They will be worth gold in the future. There is nothing better than a car with 100k miles that has maintenance records since day one.

Make this an adventure, have fun doing it. Enjoy the trip, not just the destination. Don't settle for a car that you are not completely satisfied with. If it doesn't feel good, don't do it. Don't feel rushed by an individual or dealer, if so walk away. They made more than one of what you are looking for.

Be sure to take your camera and take lots of pictures of every car that you look at. Take notes. More pictures when you find the one. Keep us updated with your progress. Write if you need help. That is what we like, to help. Go get you an NSX!!!

I forgot the camera when I went to Dallas to get mine in Apr 05. I really wish that I had a picture in Larime,WY with 2 inches of snow on it, and then in Ogden, UT after about 800 miles of rain, snow, slush and road crud. She was a sight. No longer was she red, but some awful brownish dirt color. The chrome wheels looked like gunmetal. You can imagine what the car looked like.

Brad

gtr said:
You did look in the classified section here on prime correct?
Yes i did regularly....
But the thing is it is usually private sellers in the classified section...
If I want to do leasing the vehicle would need to be purchase from a dealer.

Back