Hi Everyone -- Finally ready for my NSX

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say I have been a fan boy of this forum (and the NSX of course) for years. I am finally ready for one, and am seriously looking around. I have some concern about the miles on most, but a good friend of mine (and long time member of this forum) has helped me over come that. I am dumping my S4 and hope to have all the details about my very own NSX shortly. Won't be too long I hope!

Congrats and good luck in your search. I bought 1996 NSX-T in Sept with 148k and have zero worries!

Just be sure the critical maintenance was done.

Welcome!

It's good that you have a long time member to guide you in your search. These cars have proven to be reliable with the proper maintenance.

Getting there is half the fun if not more. I love the search! Good luck with it and as the others have said look for records , buy from an individual, make sure the maintenance has been kept up and it won't bite you in the butt. Main thing is - don't be in a hurry and if you see one that costs just a little more than you were prepared for and it's really good one - do it! You'll be glad you did! These are wonderful cars - if you can try and drive a couple. That will tell you a lot!

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say I have been a fan boy of this forum (and the NSX of course) for years. I am finally ready for one, and am seriously looking around. I have some concern about the miles on most, but a good friend of mine (and long time member of this forum) has helped me over come that. I am dumping my S4 and hope to have all the details about my very own NSX shortly. Won't be too long I hope!

I am on my third NSX, and they have all been wonderful. My current NSX I have had for almost a decade, driven all year round (dry,rain,ice,snow,dirt,etc) and currently have over 173,000 miles on it without issues. Anything that has happened with the car has been the fault of human error, meaning either I broke it or the dealer did. The car has been great, and continues to be.

Do not be scared of well maintained cars with higher mileage. I emphasize that buying one that has proof of proper maintenance is essential. Because that sets the tone for how the car will treat you over the long haul.

Back