Hi All new to the forum

Hello, I am new here and wanted to say that I too am looking for a NSX, if I had my way I would want:

white
tan interior
targa
lowered
5 speed

I am so new to these beautiful cars that I am just beginning to learn about them. I am 50 years old and have owned alot of cars, I have built cars for a long time, I like to fix them up. It appears that the NSX is right up that alley!! I can do light mods, ground effects, interior changes etc. just brings me chills!!! LOL, LOL.

I spent some time talking with the owner of Driving Ambition in Gold River Ca today. VERY NICE guys, they took about an hour just showing me around their shop and cars. I am not sure how long it will take to find the right car for me, but I will be doing some reading to find out all I can.

I don't have a long budget, maybe 30K but I was advised to look for at least a 97, that may be out of my budget. I have been looking at a highly modified 91 in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's a coupe, red with tan interior which I could live with (not my absolute favorite but would be ok) I think the price is at least 28.5K

I just drove a 92 (117,000) but it needs a new clutch, the repaint is not the greatest, it has nice wheels, updated brakes, headers & SS exhaust. The interior is a little hammered but maybe that could be replaced. I could get the car for about 17-18k but then it needs the clutch which I was told would run about 3K.

I don't want to bore everyone with my very first post :) so I'll cut her short.

I look forward to being here and learning alot more.

RUNDLC

well from what i know,

you want a 5 speed targa which limits your years to 95-96's and you want a white car which is not available in those years.

i would say for the prices that you are getting for those nsx's seems to be very reasonable. good luck on your search but if you want a white targa, it will need to be a 6 speed 3.2 liter which is not a bad thing.

welcome to the forums.

There are quite a handful of good looking NSXs up in the Bay area considering that's where you're local to. Whether you're from NorCal or SoCal, you get to taste the high life of things, for the most part of it. Oh and yes, welcome to the forums. You'll get most if not ALL your info here! :biggrin:

Thanks for all the welcome's, I will take my time as I know this is a buyers market. I am getting too excited about the possibility of getting a NSX. We'll keep ya'll posted.

Thanks for all the welcome's, I will take my time as I know this is a buyers market. I am getting too excited about the possibility of getting a NSX. We'll keep ya'll posted.

While it is (in general) a buyers market keep in mind that its not like you will have 10 cars (color, year, tranny, etc) to choose from. If you find the one you are looking for, buy it. Take it from me.

Well I will live with the best car for the money that I happen to find. There are a few red ones with tan interior that have drawn my attention. I saw a salvaged title 2002 recently that could work also. It does need some tlc, and as long as it wasn't hit I can live with it. It has very low miles which is a big plus.

As my dad used to say "time will tell it all" I need a few things to happen on my end before I can move on a NSX quickly.

Well I will live with the best car for the money that I happen to find.

That is the best strategy IMO.

I was unbelievably lucky in that I found exactly what I was looking for (91, red/black, stock, low miles) within 2 weeks of beginning my search and it was only 8 miles from home.

Not true. According to Wiki there were 23 White/Tan targas w/5 speeds in 96

Only 18 more total from 97-01.

good call, i messed up on the cut off years for the production of gpw nsx's.

Back