Hi all, buying NSX in Scotland!

Hi guys, after 4 years of Integra Type-R ownership I've decided rather than spend any more money modifying it it's time to buy a car that I can be happy with for longer.

That means RWD, and it can only mean NSX!

A good NSX can be had for £20K pounds in the UK now, and I've got some of the best driving roads in Scotland (Loch Lomond) 20 miles from the house and I'll be taking it to the track every month or so as well.

I'm going to buy in April, so I'll be hanging around and picking up as much information as I can before then, so I look forward to your advice.

Sadly I've become used to Spoon N1 exhausts and Recaros so I'll be ditching the stock exhaust system and seats for something a little rawer - after all 50 miles a day in an ITR is hardly comfortable, and I can easily live with it.

cheers!

Welcome to 'Prime! I'd love to have my NSX back in Scotland - & Knockhill Circuit is only about 20 miles from my mother's house. Every time I see a road test there on one of the Auto shows over there however, it's raining!

I'm trying to fill up a container that I have in Japan (coming to London), do you want anything from Japan? All I want is, you/me buy from a shop in Japan, and stick it in container, and I just want shipping for the exhaust.

Used system in Yahoo for a NSX will cost anything like 50000 yen to 100000 yen. And new system will cost over 150000 Yen to 300000 + for titanium ones. I can get you price lists if you know which ones you want.

I personally bought a Kakimoto (used).

There are not that many good ones at 20k pounds though... they all have 100k miles+. There are good bargains at 25k pounds (some 96 models etc). Good luck in finding one, if you see any in London area, I'll inspect them for you. (and NSX are atleast 20k pounds in Japan, so there is no point in importing from Japan. If any import dealer offers you one real cheap, stay away, they are stolen. I'm a importer myself, and I've been offered around5 stolen ones in past 4 years.).

Thanks for the replies guys!

Firstly, yes it's still as wet as ever here and I live in Greenock, which is at least 100% wetter than everywhere else!

Secondly I'm not sure I'll be going near the hot-hatch mayhem that is Knockhill these days in the NSX! I'm in the UK Honda-R club and we do trackdays all over Britain in a much safer Bookatrack environment :)

Thanks for the advice re:buying - I think my real budget will be 22-25K and I had a word with Phoenix Honda in Glasgow today, who are NSX dealers, and they advised me on both John Coopers and Two Mills if I want to buy "official".

Sadly I don't want to be buying any parts 4 months before I buy the car, but it's good to know people like you are offering this type of service, and as I'm around for the long-haul I'll be sure to catch up with you once I'm ready ;-)

Again, thanks for the offer of looking at cars for me - I'm pretty mobile and in this age of cheap flights there's no reason why I can't source one from anywhere in the UK, so I may well take you up on that ....

cheers!
Stephen

Back