hey nsx newbie here!!

Hi everyone, after years and years of modding up econoboxes i've finally decided it's time to move onto something else. time to start playing with the big boys. I found this site through the honda-tech forums, thanks nsxtasy! i love this site, tons of information. everyone on here seems like a big family which i like a lot more too, it seems that nsx owners are a different breed, set apart from the typical honda owner, or even ferrari owners or high performance MB owners.

I'm thinking of modding the nsx, and i've been reading about the superchargers, it looks like that's THE most reliable way to get more power out of the car. Is this true? for those of you that have been doing their own work on the car, is it very difficult to work on the car? the reason why i ask this is i had a chance to work on the sw20 mr2s and boy was that a pain in the butt.

anyways, here's a few pictures of what i'll be leaving behind. it's been a long ride with this car and i think i've made the right decision to move on. comments on the car are welcome, and it is looking for a new home, so if anyone's interested let me know! :D

002.jpg

024.jpg

more pictures can be found here : http://www.psylence.com/Automotive/JDMCivic/index.html

in case anyone was wondering the engine is a fully built ls/vtec motor, i have ITR internals setting the compression to 11.8:1, the engine was built with the help of my local friend here. i have a few JDM show pieces on the car, ie. headlamps, bumperlenses and tail lights. the car is pretty quick, mid 14 to low 14 seconds in the quartermile. and i've finally got it running reliably. but like i said, i'm getting exhausted from making something so slow moderately fast, and fun to drive at the track. i want something fairly quick, with exotic stlying and that will be fun to drive at the track! that's why i chose the nsx! i hope i'm welcome here, and i hope i don't annoy you guys with all my questions i'm a newbie with the nsx. i'm still looking for one in my area, but i wouldn't mind to travel a bit to pick a nice one up. let me know if anyone has one for sale! thanks in advance!!

Hi Renny and welcome. Great looking ride you have there. I was hesitant to work on the NSX at first too, but I've found it not really that much harder to fix or mod. I put headers on myself and found it was a lot of fun.

As far as supercharging goes, Comptec makes a very reliable unit and from what I've read here on this site, it is one of the best mods you can do, albeit very expensive.

Anyway, good to have you here and let us know what you end up getting. Be sure to include all the details.

Back