Hey Have you noticed this

I notice this a couple of days. I was just one day thinking about my two dreamcars that I would love to own one day the NSX and the XJ220. Then I remember that these two car have the same chassis layout, both have a V6, they both have (I think this is the word) intergrated(not sure thought) spoiler, and they both created at about the same time. The only difference is that jaguar made the other car and that the jaguar has more HP.

I also remeber reading that the jaguar was suppose to have a V8 orV10 but then jaguar decided to make it a V6 TT. So I though maybe the NSX might of been the reason why jaguar did this. Maybe jaguar used some of the nsx ideas cause it was a New Sporcar eXperimental so this might of made Jaguar want to make its car a little different from the other car companies.

This post might be dumb but hey it is very wierd to see that happen. Don't you think.

Please tell me what you think.

Very interesting observations. The XJ220 is also one of my favorite (styling-wise) cars. I heard the British build quality is really crap though. The Jaguar was supposed to have a V12, but the production version was tamed down with a twin turbo V6--a move that pissed off many would-be buyers I think.

If you want one cheap, maybe you can buy this fixer-upper
smile.gif

xj220_051502_01.jpg

Nooooooooooooo!!! that is so sad!!!

oh the horror...

Wasn't the Jag V12 dumped for some sort of regulation...could it have been emissions? Doesn't the TT V6 make more power than the proposed 12 anyway? Man, weird how "buyers" care so much about the image of the specs...if they told me it was a 4 cylinder making that kind of power and I had the money for one back then I would say "SURE...whatever man, if it does 0-60 in under 4 and goes over 200...you could tell me it was hamster driven and I wouldn't care!"

scottjua,
I think that when you pay over 200k$ for a car you also want the "image thing" right!
wink.gif

The V12 is a must! Compromise are not welcome at that level of money/prestige...

The reason behind the dismissal of the V12 was something about the cost of development... do a Google search and you will find it out (I did several months ago).

Originally posted by Midnight_Raven:
I notice this a couple of days. I was just one day thinking about my two dreamcars that I would love to own one day the NSX and the XJ220. Then I remember that these two car have the same chassis layout, both have a V6, they both have (I think this is the word) intergrated(not sure thought) spoiler, and they both created at about the same time. The only difference is that jaguar made the other car and that the jaguar has more HP.

I also remeber reading that the jaguar was suppose to have a V8 orV10 but then jaguar decided to make it a V6 TT. So I though maybe the NSX might of been the reason why jaguar did this. Maybe jaguar used some of the nsx ideas cause it was a New Sporcar eXperimental so this might of made Jaguar want to make its car a little different from the other car companies.

This post might be dumb but hey it is very wierd to see that happen. Don't you think.

Please tell me what you think.

I was considering buying one of these a couple of years ago, a company in Canada bought the existing stock of the cars and was modifying them to make them legal for purchase in the U.S. They had ones with 200 miles available for about 180K U.S.

I went over to Canada to test drive one and was extremely un-impressed! This was always one of my dream cars also until I saw several in person. The fit and finish of these cars are horrible. The interior pieces look like they came off of an old Chevy truck. The engine had zero torque down low and it you just tried maintaining 2,000 rpm it would shudder so badly you thought pieces were going to fall off. Their explanation was the engine was meant to be revved, downshift and don't let the Rpm drop below 3,000.

If you kept the rev's up the car was very fast and it seemed to handle very well, but it is a big car with a lot of overhang on all four sides and is a handful to drive fast. I believe the car was originally to sell for over 700K and when people saw the car they were refusing to buy it and was willing to lose there deposit on the car. Jaguar then sued the people to force them to take the piece of crap. This is why they still have 40 of them that the Canada company bought.

Now my dream car is the McLaren F1, I hope if I ever see one in person I won't be disapointed!

[This message has been edited by Carguy! (edited 22 November 2002).]

Back