Hey guys, couple of questions...

New on the board here and I have been looking over ads everywhere for the past couple of months to get an idea of prices and conditions of used NSX's for sale. I want to ask you all if there is a particular year or body style that are more desirable than others. I know that the most people prefer the 02+ models with the redesigned headlights, bumpers, etc. but in the US only the NSX-T were produced from then on and from a performance standpoint, that weakens the rigidity of the car. Personally I like the coupe version better but with the new headlights. Ultimately, I would like to look towards the coupe version even if it does have the pop up lights.

But overall, is there any particular years/versions that people want more than others?

people realy want a zanadri to answer your question. but they cost around 50K plus, if they ever go on sale

6 speed 3.2 and a coupe .

Last edited:
It really doesn't matter what other people prefer. What do you want?

Do you want a coupe? If so, you most likely are limited to a 91-94. There were very few coupes built after that, including the Zanardi.

Do you want a NSX-T? If so, you can choose from a 95-96 with the 3.0 and 5spd. A 1997-2001 3.2L 6spd with pop-up headlights, or a 02-05 3.2L 6spd with fixed headlights.

Those are your choices. Overall the NSX was changed very little in the 15yrs it was built. Unlike a Corvette where in 15yrs three model changes take place.

Good luck.

New on the board here and I have been looking over ads everywhere for the past couple of months to get an idea of prices and conditions of used NSX's for sale. I want to ask you all if there is a particular year or body style that are more desirable than others. I know that the most people prefer the 02+ models with the redesigned headlights, bumpers, etc. but in the US only the NSX-T were produced from then on and from a performance standpoint, that weakens the rigidity of the car. Personally I like the coupe version better but with the new headlights. Ultimately, I would like to look towards the coupe version even if it does have the pop up lights.

But overall, is there any particular years/versions that people want more than others?

As many others have done, you can get an early pop-up headlight coupe and do the fixed headlight conversion.

...is there any particular years/versions that people want more than others?

+1 - Zanardi or an NSX-R

Read the Wiki and invest some time reading topics on Prime...

Set a fixed purchase budget range and that will establish the target years and types that are possible for YOUR ownership.

Start there and then join the hunt and best of luck in your search for YOUR car.

If a person is looking for a "T", doesn't want to spend the extra dollars for 6 speed 3.2, like to just cruise with a little less power, and, look just as cool in a NA1 then the 95/96 model year is the most desirable.

In laymans terms, its your call on the most desirable. siD

Me 6! ...

• Get the 3.2 T to have minor mods and be quite quick, you'll be more current performance wise vs modern cars without doing much.

• Get the 3.0 Coupe for heavy mods and raw performance + a bit stiffer chassis.

Oscar

Back