Here i am again please give me some adivces..

Dear prime fam members
as all of people know that i bought 97 nsx.
Yesterday i went to california for check the car up.
Engine sounds smooth, body look good!! Paint look good except nicks on the hood!!
After long conversation with owner i checked more detail and guess what!!!
Found out passenger side quater panel had been re-painted. When you open the trunk each side you will see two bolts on each side.
Driver side bolts are clean and painted but passenger side were rusted and seems had been removed. Also passenger side door jam
has 1~1.5inch paint crack. If door is closed can't notice it. He didn't know about that. I don't think he is lied to me. Anyhow.
Nobody knows how bad it was. He is so cool~ that if i feel uncomfortable i don't have to buy it. I know it's a great deal.
I heard carmax is good at checking body and frame damage things. Should i take it to carmax and check it out? Or
anyone lives near fresno? Bass lake? I want somebody to drive and see what you guys think?
Please let me know

Dear prime fam members
as all of people know that i bought 97 nsx.
Yesterday i went to california for check the car up.
Engine sounds smooth, body look good!! Paint look good except nicks on the hood!!
After long conversation with owner i checked more detail and guess what!!!
Found out passenger side quater panel had been re-painted. When you open the trunk each side you will see two bolts on each side.
Driver side bolts are clean and painted but passenger side were rusted and seems had been removed. Also passenger side door jam
has 1~1.5inch paint crack. If door is closed can't notice it. He didn't know about that. I don't think he is lied to me. Anyhow.
Nobody knows how bad it was. He is so cool~ that if i feel uncomfortable i don't have to buy it. I know it's a great deal.
I heard carmax is good at checking body and frame damage things. Should i take it to carmax and check it out? Or
anyone lives near fresno? Bass lake? I want somebody to drive and see what you guys think?
Please let me know

I suppose you need to find out why it was painted. Was it a major accident or just some scratches. Assuming the paint was done well and it was due to some scratches or minor dings/dents, it should be fine. It is like having the front bumper painted due to rock chips, which quite a few older NSX's would have. Perhaps you can have a reputable body shop check it out for a peace of mind before the purchase.

Good NSX's are harder to come by as they get older. Good luck.

If the guy will let you out..I would pass on this car. That is just my opinion...it would bother me to no end just knowing it had prior damage...not to mention resale. If it is a smoking deal and that is more important to you...persue having it checked out.

I think Im gonna pass this time as sippy2 said its gonna bother me as long as i own this car..

Back