Help With Gauge Install

I have a DEFI BF boost gauge and a DEFI fuel pressure gauge. I have messed around with the install for awhile. I tried to incorporate them into the center console, but I didn't like the result. So, I finally installed with a pillar pod. I have the control unit II mounted under the driver's side front bolster area.

The headache that I have now is that both the sensor wire fore the boost gauge and fuel pressure gauge are too short. They are not long enough to go into the engine compartment.

Can I cut them and wire them back with extension? How did you guys hook up the sensors?

Please let me know, Thanks

I have Defi gauges and put them in the console.I see no reason why you couldn't splice a extension to your gauge wiring if you want them at the pillar.

Last edited:
I had DEFI boost gauge on a pod before and I run it under head liner, but I think it is cleaner to have it in the main console and remove it after few months. Now I run AEM in NAV pod.

Attachments

• DSC_1544.jpg
    DSC_1544.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 137
winreboot said:
I had DEFI boost gauge on a pod before and I run it under head liner, but I think it is cleaner to have it in the main console and remove it after few months. Now I run AEM in NAV pod.

I am with him,the nav pod gives more lead length. some gauges it does not matter if you add on some wire others it will change the reading a hair. call Defi and ask them,I bet they have extention leads for some gauges and caution against it with others.let us know the outcome. they can tell you how much the reading will change per length of added lead on an egt gauge,I know this for fact.I am aware you are not running egt I am just using that as an example I am familar with.
Best Regards David

pbassjo said:
Winreboot, it looks like your AFR gauge reads 14.35. Is that right?

Yes, on this pic it is, but it is more like 13.40 on idle after car warms up. I was messing around with AC and idle on AEM when I took the pic :biggrin:

Back