Help! Where in LA can I buy this?

RYU

Legendary Member
Tech Expert
Hi guys, I need to buy an O2 Bung Plug 18mm x 1.5mm. I need it by Friday so i'm trying to avoid online expedited shipping. Hoping to find one locally here LA somewhere.

Is this something most muffler shops carry?

Suggestions please? thanks!

BTO2-Plug.jpg

Try Ace Hardware or any autopart store (Pep Boys, Autozone, etc).
Evidently many Hondas and Toyotas use the same bolt size and thread pitch for oil pan plugs. I'm hoping Pep/Autozone will have some of those off the shelf. I'm going to drop by after work today.

Let me check my toolbox, as I have some of those somewhere.......
Thanks John!

Thanks guys! Hapa88 to the rescue! It appears ACE has a long bolt that's 18x1.5 that I can just cut to length. I'll find out later today.

9doors - those are great links to bookmark. I will certainly need them in the future.

Moses - thanks also, but I need it for an install this Friday.

I appreciate everyone's help!

Last edited:
This goes out to the next poor soul who i hope can avoid having to do this search.

i had no luck finding this bolt as a "bung plug" but evidently old metric Oil Pan Drain plugs are the the same size.

Pep Boys & Autozone has no inventory for anything in this size (M18 x 1.5mm).

My local Ace Hardware did but it's not in their system and their in-store inventory was depleted when I got there.

Napa has this as P/N BK 7041037. It was only $4 each though i've spent maybe 4hrs total and probably over $30 in gas... it works.

captain-picard-full-of-win-500x381.jpg

Last edited:
Back