Help, want to make sure I am not getting a moneypit

I have found a 91 NSX black/black with 60K miles for the 25-26 range and I want to make sure that I am asking all the right questions so I don't buy a moneypit. He has had the following done:

-60K service
-timing belt and water pump
-new clutch as of 1K miles ago
-bose stereo and amp works great
-clean title with no accidents or paintwork except for front nose due to rock chips
-new tires
-not in snap ring range
-getting PPI done

One of the windows is going slow which could be pricey, but I will factor that price in my decision. Sounds like a good find, but is there anything that I am leaving out?????

Sounds like an excellent deal. All the major service items are listed, except for the windows which you know about. Make sure the AC works well, and read the FAQ for more things to check on, but overall, all the biggies are covered.

Read here for a possible description of the window problem: http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/windows.htm

Of course if the car was beat on or raced extensively or something that could be trouble, but otherwise the NSX is the most reliable, least 'Money-pit-ish' exotic ever made. It does gobble up tires quickly though, be aware of that.

If you don't buy it, post the contact info back on here, i'm sure many people here would be interested. Good luck!

Go through the buyer's checklist on this site...it will pretty much leave no stone unturned.

Best Wishes.

thanks for your help, I will ask him the recommended questions as well. He claims that he has had no problems with the car and it is as solid as the 92 NSX with 8k miles he owns as well. I will list the contact info if I decided not to purchase.

forgot to ask about the tires though...I have heard that if you change the allignment to the 94 specs, it will decrease tire wear significantly. Anybody know anything about this and how much it changes the tread wear? Can anyone give me average street life on a tire barring racing or track time, for a 91 vs. a 94?

Back