HELP: Tyre Size not available .. options

kye

Contributing Member
Hi All,
Hoping for someone knowledgeable to help with the below. I have fitted 18 inch volk CE 28N's on the front and 19 on the back, tyres on front are 225/35/R18 and unbelievable there is none in Tokyo (except cheap pirelli's which I dont fancy). Have Bridgestones on the back. (Shipped NSX from the States)

It seems that this tyre size for some reason is not common in Japan (weird when they are Japanese wheels).

Anyway, there is a plentiful supply of 225/40/R18 and 225/30/R18

I have 275/30/R19 on the back.

Question is how will this impact the handling etc if I go up to /40 or down to /30 on the front ?

I am planning a fresh alignment with the new tyres also.

Car is lowered dont know if that could be a problem going up to /40 ?

Is it possible to go up to 235 on the front rims ? is there some data on what size tyre the rims can handle.

Sorry if my questions are off track ... dont know too much about this.

//Kye

Hi Kye,

What is the width and offset of your front wheel? I've never seen a 225/30/18 in the states. I guess they keep all the good stuff in Japan. I have a feeling if you run the 225/40/18 or a 235/35(40)/18 you will rub either on full lock turns, on bumps, or both. I know I have read about those issues with larger size tires in the front. I'd get the 225/30/18 but make sure you don't hit a pot hole (although I've never hit one the times that I was there :) ) and be prepared for a very low profile front tire/side wall.

If you want I'm willing to ship you tires from here since I'm close to you, just let me know.

Hi Richard! thanks!
You coming to the Fiesta this year ??

I might go for the 30 on the front which would match the back. Not sure about the offset etc of the wheels.
//Kye

Which brand tires are on the rears... are you switching them out?

It sounds like you have Bridgestone 275/30/19s... and you had 225/35/18s up front. I would consider changing to 215/35/18s if they are available in the Bridgestone tire you have in the rear.

Hi Kye,

I'm planning on going to Fiesta this year but my good friend is getting married around the same time. I have to get definite dates for both events so I can debate which to attend.

Hope the new tires works out for you, and my offer still stands if/when you need it.

Back