Help/Questions on this 1992 NSX in the LA area (Cerritos)

Hello..
Long time NSX fan finally getting ready to pull the trigger

Anyone familiar with this car? (please see link) The current owner claims it was Andrie Hantanko's (spelling?) former car? She claims the timing belt and snap ring was repaired in 1999. But Acura has zero records based on a VIN search and she does not have records on the repair?:confused:

The car looks sweet. Can a mechanic see if the snap ring has been repaired by a pre-purchase inspection?
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!!

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/cto/2069412500.html

when I say scam I get jumped on. so I just wont say it. but be careful again I might be wrong.

"I dont daily drive this car, and is only a weekend car"
"i really need a practical daily since i do drive 50 miles+ a day due to work"

"All parts in this car are mostly bought brand new "

huh, if its a weekend car only then what does that mean you need a practical DD? just seems fishy

" Here are the Specs for the Red 1992 NSX "

the red nsx you mean your NSX. worded in such a way which makes me think hes refering to someone else's car not his. scammers often mentally do this

as for the snap ring issue, you need to know the tranny number and look it up, only a certain number were effected.

The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers
J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. and not all of them are bad.
read the link and you will understand

and you will not know intill it breaks.

heres the link when I did a search on snap ring range

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

have someone on prime look the car over for you. if its a real car an not a scammer

goodluck

Last edited:
when I say scam I get jumped on. so I just wont say it. but be careful again I might be wrong.

"I dont daily drive this car, and is only a weekend car"
"i really need a practical daily since i do drive 50 miles+ a day due to work"

"All parts in this car are mostly bought brand new "

huh, if its a weekend car only then what does that mean you need a practical DD? just seems fishy

" Here are the Specs for the Red 1992 NSX "

the red nsx you mean your NSX. worded in such a way which makes me think hes refering to someone else's car not his. scammers often mentally do this

as for the snap ring issue, you need to know the tranny number and look it up, only a certain number were effected.

The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers
J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. and not all of them are bad.
read the link and you will understand

and you will not know intill it breaks.

heres the link when I did a search on snap ring range

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/Troubleshooting/transmission.htm

have someone on prime look the car over for you. if its a real car an not a scammer

goodluck

How is this a scam? Shawn, you need to stop this. I don't know the car, but I doubt it's a scam. Your analysis consists of nonsense that you just pull out of your ass. If you're going to help, then help with some research.

I see the ad has Autowave listed, and they'd have records (get the vin from the owner and search on here with it also). The prime member's name listed as a previous owner is Andrie Hartanto. You can also contact him to verify. He last posted on 8/2008: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109917

You could also take a look at the site that the pictures are hosted on. You'd find this:

http://hundred-proof.com/blog/wendy-c-modified-s2k-and-nsx/

4340260122_9db99ff886.jpg

Name:
Wendy T. Cheng

What do you do for work? Accountant
What are your hobbies? Travel, Hanging out with friends, Cars
How was your experience shooting with us? The experience shooting with you guys is definitely really fun and memorable. The guys are all very considerate of me and friendly.
What got you into Cars? I was always into cars at a young age. Because of my love for my passion, it also led me to someone that is important in my life. Without him, i simply would not have found my passion. And everything wouldn’t have been the same without him(my exboyfriend) . I’ve learned a lot from his passion for cars. We spent a lot of time tuning and working on our cars together.
How does It feel to be a girl in doing car modification?
I always get a lot of attention from driving modified cars, because i am a girl. It definitely feels different since not a lot of girls are into it. I would spend most of my money on what i love, and this is my passion. I would learn a lot from my friends because they are also in tuning scene as well. I have many friends that Being in the auto industry for awhile now, i sure met a lot of people from the communities that also have the same passion as i do. It’s always awesome to have guy’s attention because they always get surprised when they see a girl in a modified car.
I love doing what i do, i love my passion, and it’s something I will never get out of my system. Also, on most important and personal level is… because of my love in my passion, it also led me to someone that is important in my life. Without him, i simply would not have found my passion. And everything wouldn’t have been the same without him(my exboyfriend) . I’ve learned a lot from his passion for cars.

Car Make: Acura
Car Model: Nsx

Car Year: 1992

Exterior:
Kei Office Front Half Bumper
Color matched red roof
Clear Bra
Custom NSX logo Tail light
Vis Carbon Fiber Type R Wing
Downforce Carbon Fiber Rear Windown Garnish
H.I.DS
Custom Turn Signal Lights Tints

Interior:
Dali harness bar with a pair of Scroth competition belts
Recaro SPG seats
Taitec adjustable sliders
MOMO Tuner Steering Wheel Red Stiching 320mm
Quick release kit
Arc Ti shift knob
ScienceofSpeed Bracket Kit for Single & Double DIN Stereos
ScienceofSpeed Carbon Fiber Center Console Trim
Pioneer AVHP4100DVD 7-Inch In-Dash Double-DIN DVD

Engine:
DC Header
Taitec GT lightweight Exhaust
Accusump 3 qt. with electric valve
Oil Cooler
Arc Oil Cap
GRUPPE M kevlar intake system
ARC Spark Plug Coil Cover

Suspension:
Comptech pro suspension
Dali sway bars (.875″)
Comptech non compliance front clamp
Comptech front camber kit
Non compliance rear toe-link
Type R front reinforcement
Carbon fiber rear strut brace

Wheels:
Work VSKF 18×8 +38 front 19×10.5 +44
Nitto NT555: 215/35-18 front and 275/30-18 rear
Rays Engineering Lug Nuts

Brakes:
Brembo GT big brake kits Front/Rear with parking brake

Why did you choose this car? I like how classy it is. It’s really a fun car to drive, and i had my eye on it for a long time! It was just a upgrade for my turbo 350z after i sold it. It is also everyone’s dream car!
What are your plans for the car? Keep it as long as possible, because I’m in love with the nsx

In any case, the car is in Cerritos. There are tons of people close by who could check it out or who may know the vehicle.

Last edited:
I have no issue with Shawn, or anyone else, submitting their opinion on any topic.

Lighten up bro....lets just have some fun here!

How would you feel if you listed your car for sale and someone called it a scam for no good reason?

I normally don't add a lot of input in here; we're got plenty of other members who like to do that. But my God, the ad says 'the NSX' instead of 'my NSX' and it's a scam? How about a little effort when someone's asking for help instead of jumping to conclusions?

Like this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30725

Original ad from Andrie. Check out how long he's been a member here.

PVMIKE , was my opinion, and if its your car then Im sorry Now OP knows its not a scam.

I was just pointing out things I noticed.

but for the record I did say

" but be careful again I might be wrong."

Last edited:
Guys (not pointing fingers here) but when I decide to post in a thread I think of two key points before submitting my $0.02...

1. Does my contribution add value to the thread
2. Am I providing comment that is biased or is it impartial

Otherwise its not worth posting.:smile:

Thanks for all the posts... I emailed Andrie and he was kind enough to respond. (Seemed like a really nice guy) Now I'm not sure of the facts from the seller.. The car still looks nicethough! :confused::confused::confused:

Here is his response---

To tell you the truth, I can't tell if that was my car. My car ran 17x8 and 18x10 forgeline wheels. Porsche big red front brakes and stock caliper big rotor rear. Also had wings west full kit. But this one doesn't have any.

All the suspension pieces are the same one I ran back then.

I also ran small oil cooler and accusump inside the right rear fender. I wired the accusump to cruise control switch.

I had my snap ring issue taken care by Marin Acura, I belief it is either late 99 or early 2000.

The timing belt and water pump done at hilltop auto service around 2003.

Interior had recaro spy seats and Dali harness bars.

I ran centerforce clutch and Tilton lightweight flywheel. I'm surprised it was replaced already. As I replaced it when we took care the snap ring issue. I believe around 29k miles.

""So in short, I can't be sure the car on the picture is indeed my car.""

I am the owner of the nsx and this is not a scam

Sebastian:
I've been Emailing you back and forth for all the questions that you asked me for. You can Also Contact (Paul) GO X on the forum, He was the buyer from Andrie, the seller to my nsx.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92601&highlight=JH4NA1150NT000779

Also, in regards about Andrie, It's been a years back since he owned the car and sold the car to Paul, of course the setup NOW will be different than his previous setup. The ONLY way to show is to MATCH the VIN# to the car, I am sure Andrie still have some sort of paper work for the nsx, perhaps you can ask him again for the Vin# if you really want to be sure.

Please dont think this is scam. I have no reason to be a scam. I'm just trying to sell my car, no need for people to misunderstand anything. Thank you All.

Last edited:
Back