HELP! NEED TIRES TODAY-275/35-18-new or used

jwc

Registered Member
Hi!

I just bought an NSX in Florida with very worn rear tires (gee, that's unusual), and will not be able to make it home to California without replacing them. Today I am in Marianna, FL and am hoping to make it to Houston, TX tonight. Am doubtful that any shops will have my tire size in stock, and am hoping I can find some tires on NSXPRIME en route, or a pointer to a shop that might stock them.

Thanks! :frown:

Oh ya! Cell phone #: (805) 698-5292

Last edited:
Hi!

I just bought an NSX in Florida with very worn rear tires (gee, that's unusual), and will not be able to make it home to California without replacing them. Today I am in Marianna, FL and am hoping to make it to Houston, TX tonight. Am doubtful that any shops will have my tire size in stock, and am hoping I can find some tires on NSXPRIME en route, or a pointer to a shop that might stock them.

Thanks! :frown:

Call discount tire. They have shops everywhere and there centralized computer system can identify where some are. Maybe even on the way. I have one if you want to drive to NC to get it. :eek:

PS, the dillhole you bought the car from should have at least mentioned the tires were shot.

Call discount tire. They have shops everywhere and there centralized computer system can identify where some are. Maybe even on the way. I have one if you want to drive to NC to get it. :eek:

PS, the dillhole you bought the car from should have at least mentioned the tires were shot.

Assume your coming across IH10, so here's a location on the East side of Houston, right off 10......

Discount Tire 11500 East Freeway Jacinto City, TX 77029
HoursM-F 8:00-6:00Sat 8:00-5:00
Phone (713) 451-9690

Like Mirrored said, if they have one in their Houston area, they can find it pretty quick for you. And their scattered all over Texas so they can help find one in other areas along 10.

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot about Discount Tire, as I usually buy from Tire Rack. Unfortunately there were no shops in Alabama, Mississippi or Louisiana and I couldn't have made it to Texas as it turned out. I lucked out by getting some Dunlops Direzzas in New Orleans (275/35-18). I was so relieved to find that the Goodyear store that I went to had them in their warehouse nearby.

By the way, I knew that the tires were on their last legs before I flew out to Florida, but I didn't want to order tires in advance as I thought that maybe the worn ones would make it all the way home, and also as I hadn't officially bought the car yet. The seller in no way misrepresented the car (including the tires). He did try and change his mind about selling the car though, the night before I was supposed to fly out - major stresser, especially as I had already wired him a sizable deposit and bought my plane ticket. Having ordered tires in advance would have added to the complications.

Thanks again! :biggrin:

John C.
Santa Barbara, CA

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions! I forgot about Discount Tire, as I usually buy from Tire Rack.
Thanks again! :biggrin:

John C.
Santa Barbara, CA

So you are driving Florida to Califormia in a new (to you) car...COOL!
Sounds like a new llong distance buyer KING!

I used to be based at Miramar and drove San Diego to Jacksonville, FL. in 36 hours witha co-driver in his 1984 Z28.

I did SD to Pensacola solo in 36+15 in a 73 Pantera!

I used to live in Pensacola... Mariana is 2hrs away and I'm sure there's nothing out there. Good luck with the new ride. Perhaps you should just ship the car out and fly home for safety measures.

reminds me when I flew to houston tx and drove my NSX back to LA! 22 hours straight from San Antonio to LA :)

I would recommend getting Falken Azenis RT 615 Tires.

http://www.vulcantire.com/azenis_rt615_t.htm

They are great! But not rated for driving so much in the rain... I got a whole set for $650 - of course this is on the 2002 OEM Rims... good luck!

Welcome to Prime and Congrats on your purchase. :smile: Another black car in So Cal:cool: . Hope you had a nice drive back...thats a long haul. I agree with TomCat, you might have driven the farthest to bring your car home. I bought mine in Denver.

Ya, I drove over 2,700 miles from Melbourne, FL to Santa Barbara, CA. I don't know what the record is, but it's nice to know I'm in the running. John C.:biggrin:

By the way, I knew that the tires were on their last legs before I flew out to Florida, but I didn't want to order tires in advance as I thought that maybe the worn ones would make it all the way home, and also as I hadn't officially bought the car yet. The seller in no way misrepresented the car (including the tires)

Okay, I withdraw the dillhole comment. :biggrin:

Congrats on the new toy. :smile:

Back