Help me find a house in the Sacramento area

Hi all,

I'm moving to the Sacramento area (soon?) and am in the market for a house. The following are some requirements:

1. Nice area - (no Del Paso Heights area)
2. Got to be on a Cul-de-sac. Not necessarily at the bottom of the sac, but at lease close.
3. 3 CAR GARAGE! (Mandatory,for obvious reasons)
4. $350k is pretty much my limit for cost.
5. Single story preferred.
6. Around 2200 sq. ft.
7. Doesn't have to be new, but shouldn't be more than 20 years old.
We went looking for houses last weekend and found some nice new houses in the Elk Grove area, but didn't really see any thing that fired our rocket. Like I said, doesn't have to be new.

Thanks for looking. Please send info to my email at [email protected] . I'm going to try to make the monthly meeting next week, but may not have my NSX with me.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Where in Sacramento do you want to live? It's about a 40min drive from one end to the other so it'll make a big difference in your commute.

As far as new houses, Elk Grove is almost sold out. Also the area close to I5 is nicer than the 99 side. Roseville and Natomas are also nice areas with new housing. 350k will get you a nice 2500sqft house with a 3 car garage in any of those areas.

Thanks Yellowpad and sabashioyaki. Yep, looked at several different locations in Elk Grove and liked the idea of being close to I-5 instead of 99. So, to answer your question, yes, we'd perfer the south end of Sac, although we did look in the Notomas area.

Keep your eyes peeled for a used home too. Thanks again.

------------------
1994 Green-black roof/tan, 5 speed
Do you know of another Green-Black roof NSX?? Please email me if you do.

Moving to Sacramento? NSXPO?
biggrin.gif

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey ..........SOLD!!!
1992 SC400
2003 Chevy Suburban LT

You're moving to an area with the highest housing cost increase. You may want to wait for the price decline:

http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/20030219/4879043s.htm

Sacramento topped the list of markets with the fastest price growth, up 26.7% to $224,200.

Prices in Sacramento have skyrocketed in recent years as former San Francisco Bay area residents cashed out of that red-hot market and started bidding up prices in California's capital city.

Mark Boud, principal at Real Estate Economics in Laguna Niguel, Calif., expects a price decline in Sacramento because of anticipated state layoffs and spending cuts.

''The Sacramento economy is just not diverse enough to absorb the losses,'' Boud says.

Yes, housing prices have skyrocketed here over the past few years but it is still the cheapest major metro area in California.

I forgot to tell you to check out Ebay, the builders all list their new homes on the site.

Back