help! Longbeach blue '02 nsx price?

local dealer has '02 longbeach for sale
list is $89,995
what should i expect to pay?
thanks in advance,
randall

[This message has been edited by randall (edited 30 December 2002).]

Nice car, seen it in person (Wolfe Acura). From what i've seen on this site, they are not even close w/list in comparison to what they are actually bringing in the open market. Did you check the FAQ here. If memory serves me its been somewhere in the mid-70's depending on color ? That car has been on the floor for several months now, however they don't like to deal I know, I have past experience w/them.

Expect to pay $72-75K.

If you need to have a dealer compete with them, there's a Long Beach Blue at McGrath Acura in Westmont, Illinois also, as you can see here.

Keep in mind that you'll save over $1K if you make the deal effective after tomorrow, when the luxury tax expires.

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Didn't know that, is it another percentage rate increase?

No. It goes out of existence tomorrow. Its repeal was passed years ago, as part of the same legislation that directed the percentage rate decrease (not increase) in recent years.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
No. It goes out of existence tomorrow. Its repeal was passed years ago, as part of the same legislation that directed the percentage rate decrease (not increase) in recent years.

My bad Ken, I'm so use to taxes going up. I guess its habit w/me as a business owner. Any chance of a decrease in the gasoline tax..NOT!!!

found out last night it's a demo,the owner of the dealership has been driving it.do not know how many miles yet,but that should bring the price down some.

Originally posted by randall:
found out last night it's a demo,the owner of the dealership has been driving it.do not know how many miles yet,but that should bring the price down some.

So thats the one your looking at ! B/f I bought mine, I test drove one they had on the lot back in March and he was using that as his driver back then (gold brake calipers), assuming its the same longbeach blue. I though I saw a non-demo on the showroom floor, did they get two of the same color car in one year. Did they speak any numbers yet ? FYI, you might want to email mikescg in this forum, he just bought a used yellow 02 from individual. Maybe he would disclose what he paid since he had some miles on his. Good luck.

Remember the first rule of negotiation. He who mentions a number first...... loses.

Ask them what they want for the car and then faint when they tell you.

A dealer I visited started with $75K for a new one before I even asked. Since I wasn't "ready to sign" at that moment I didn't push any numbers myself but I would personally set my sights on $72K.

(BTW, "Weakest Link" is selling a '01 SILVER with 5K miles for $65 in the forum here on nsxprime. Assuming it's "cherry" as he claims, it's an excellent buy)

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
I test drove one they had on the lot back in March and he was using that as his driver back then (gold brake calipers)

All the '02 NSXs come from the factory with gold calipers.

THANKS nsx-guy!i've got my sights on an '02 model only.at first i didn't care for the new look,but after seeing one in person i've changed my mind.

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
All the '02 NSXs come from the factory with gold calipers.

Forgot about that, was somewhat taken back when I saw it for the first time. The first thing that came to mind w/crack dealer or something
eek.gif
Easy enough to correct, although I have not seen it in person on any other color except yellow or blue.

Whom knows why they selected that color for OEM ? Hope Randall gets the car though !

Originally posted by NSX-GUY:
Remember the first rule of negotiation. He who mentions a number first...... loses.

Actually no. Rule 101 in negotiation is that you should always extend the first price in a negotiation that centers around price. The concept is related to "anchoring." In tests, it has been repeatedly shown that once a price anchor has been set by the first party, the counterparty almost always extends a counter-offer that is significantly closer to your bid, than if they had started the negotiations. Of course the trick is to do your research ahead of time, so that you extend an offer first that is attractive and low, but not so much so that it is completely unrealistic for the other party to respond to.

Courtesy of my Negotiations class (yes, we really do have a class like this in the MBA program at the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business!!) One of the most educational classes I have ever taken. It has given me tremendous insights into human psyche and behavior patterns.

Regards.

Originally posted by randall:
THANKS nsx-guy!i've got my sights on an '02 model only.at first i didn't care for the new look,but after seeing one in person i've changed my mind.

I'm curious, what was your final price? I;m picking up my new 02 yellow tomorrow at noon, w/CD player and keyless entry, wheel lock, I negotiated the price to 74k. I hope that our numbers were similar, I'd hate to think that I paid too much!!!

Originally posted by RPM217:
I'm curious, what was your final price? I;m picking up my new 02 yellow tomorrow at noon, w/CD player and keyless entry, wheel lock, I negotiated the price to 74k. I hope that our numbers were similar, I'd hate to think that I paid too much!!!

I guess they haven't told you yet - the floor and trunk mats are extra!

If they try to gig you on them - remember you can get them custom colors / much cheaper then most dealers <a href="http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/index_browse_part.cfm?focus=728">here</a>

Congratulations - I am sure you will love it.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

RPM,

Congrats. I don't remember if the Keyless and CD were included in my original $75K. If not, you're certainly in the ballpark. actually, even if they were included you seem to have gotten a primo deal.

Good luck with it. (I had a Yellow '98 and loved it but I actually much prefer the visible headlights of the '02)

Back