Help JH4NA1153NT001246

Help

Somebody please help me figure out if this NSX is worth buying JH4NA1153NT001246. Its a white/blk 92. Exterior is 9.5 out of 10 and so is the interior. he was asking 30k. 100% stock. 62000miles. First he told me car has been in storage for 7 yrs. Currently he has no insurance on it and has lost the original title so he's going to get a new one. I did a carfax and it came out clean. Like I said car looked very very clean. Engine sounded great, but engine light was on. He said Torrence acura lost orginal key and alarm, only has one titanium key and no alarm thinga ma gig. Driver window has slow up. I figure it needs new regulator. Rear hatch window struts are dead. Tires according to owner has hot spots causing some steeringwheel vibration. Has not had 60k service, no timing belt/water pump replaced, said dealer said not problem with either but I don't think he asked. Said transmission had work done (1st gear syncro)after I said I wanted the vin# for transmission snap ring problem. Also said clutch was replaced, but as far as Iknow , orginal brakes. What I want to know is this car worth buying, first its not the color I really want, but I'm willing to over look it if its a great buy. We nego a price of 27,500 as long as engine light thing checks out, and I get 100 for another key and 200 for new alarm. IS this worth it or should I wait and try finding another, or renego for better price.can someone please let me know. ASAP please if you can goive me a call 714-926-4118 cell my name is Christian by the way. I will be indebted to all that respond. If you want to look at the car its in www.autotrader.com california

I'm not an authority on NSXs, but based on your post, I would probably keep looking.

First of all, he doesn't have the title. Huh? He just happened to lose the one crucial item when he's about to sell the car? It can happen, I suppose. I have a hard time believing the car was in storage for 7 years, but I suppose the guy could have been in a coma.

If the dealer lost the key and remote, I think they would replace them, or at least the key, for free. Did not spend money for 60K service (now 68K), but had tranny and clutch work? You can bet a car driven hard will have had at least one brake pad change over those miles, but I suppose he might have driven it like a grandma and the trans/clutch were defective.

As a seller, the first thing I'd correct is the engine light (hopefully at the dealer) even before showing it to anyone. And as you said, "...but I don't think he asked..." If your gut feeling is trying to tell you something, I always thought you should listen.

The price sounds fantastic, but that would concern me, too. Call me presumptuous, but I think there might be issues not fully disclosed to you, issues that may become very expensive to fix later on.

Again, I'm not an expert on this, and I apologize for being so cynical. I just know I'd keep looking. Good luck to you!

By the way if you can get it for that price, I think it's a very good deal. Need to get 60K services and new brake and you're good to go
I see that you're in southern california. Not too many white one around.
Good luck again. Hope to see you roll in that white nsx to the next meeting :)
Andy

Hey thanks guys, You've been very helpful. To NSxMadness, Thanks for the tip. I know this guy isn't telling all, and I think its because hes scared that I might run off if he mentioned things that are wrong. I think I worked him pretty good on the price considering all that needs to be worked on, but there are just too many things I don't know about this car. Especially the engine light, whether its a malfunctioned fuse or something more of a serious nature I don't know and its making me want to look else where but, if its not, then I want it. But as you said stick to my gut feeling. I think I will. If it wasn't for my IS300 I could afford a newer one and wouldn't worry so much, but money would be tight so Fixing an X isn't on my top priorty list. If you see any thats worth investigating please let me know. I prefer a 94 blk, blk in working order. thanxs again. To ANDYH. Hey I saw your picture in the white NSX gallery Thread. It was nice, It almost made me want to get the one I'm looking at, but I gotta get the top painted along with all the other things that need service or replacing, I figure the whole thing will cost me around 7k to get it in a condition I feel comfortable with. Anyway, I have a white IS300, I want a BLK/BLK NSX. Don't have to paint the top :)

Back