help in New York requested for vehicle delivery

We're having a bit of a problem with our shipping companies being able to deliver our car for NSXPO due to the distance. We need a drop off location for the car that the shipping company may deliver and pick up from. Is there anyone in the area (we'll be flying into Syracuse) that has the ability to store a car either at a home or business for about 2-7 days before and after NSXPO? We'd greatly appreciate any help we could get.

best regards,
-- Chris

Is there a problem with the trucking company dropping it off the day before and then picking it up after the track event or is there another reason why you are expecting the need to store/safeguard it for as long as a week both before and after? If it is a trucking company issue, you might want to contact Intercity who we used the last two years and had no problem delivering the cars the day we arrived and picking up right after the track event.

I just spoke with Peter and he elaborated on your issues. He will be checking with a local contact of his in Horseheads (yes,that is the real name of a town) which is right outside the Glen to see if they can accommodate you. Pete is at the Glen the next couple of days and we are heading back up on Sunday so hopefully he will have a better idea at some point this weekend.

hi Bob --

The problem is that we have not been able to fill a truck. With out filling a truck, most companies are quoting in the $2000-4000 range each way for guaranteed delivery (delivery date +/- 1-2 days). Intercity's quote was around $4000.00 round trip guaranteed. Steve R may have a lead on a company routing through LA. I appreciate the help.

Cheers,
-- Chris

Peter just suggested that you try Crest Acura in Syracuse. (315) 422-2232

Gary Sommer knows them (he is from Syracuse) so you might want to drop his name as well. Pete thinks you might be able to also talk them into picking you up at the airport (you can blame Pete if any of this is incorrect but I will take the credit if it works out ;) )

C hris If you don't come up with a place you can call me. I live 5 miles south of Syracuse. Unfortunately I don"t have storage space but I do have a driveway. Also if you need any info on syracuse. You can call me at 315-3919200.

Chris,
I have inside space at my shop & at my home. I'm in Poughkeepsie about 5 hours away. Maybe you could get a flight into Stewart in Newburgh (close). PM me if you are interested and I'll send you my home phone.
Joe Lomoriello

Back