Help Got run off road

On the way home this evening I gpt run off the road. Honda Ciivic cut me off on purpsoe and hit the brakes, I ended up in a ditch, on the corner of the highway to say I am raging is an understatement. I limped my car to my gfriends place with the front lip haninging, at leat thats all I thought was wrong til I got to her place. anyway I just wanted to get to a safe place. Now after looking at my car the passenger side is torn uyp the mirror is gione and its scraped up, where is the best place in Orlando to take it to get fixed. I have yet to call insurnace as it was a hit and run in my eyes and I am glad to be alive...looking at my car makes me want to cry right now.....alll I can do is picture that blue Honda civic si....spinning out into a ditch...anyway I need to get her fixed and fixed right...just thiniking about it makes me nauseous....so where shall I take her...think they can pop out the front quater panel but it will definetely need paint and a mirror...any estiates on price.....cant decide if I shoud pay out of pocket or call my insuramce compamny :mad:

Thanks Carl

I am so sorry to hear this!!!

Vinny in Merritt Island specializes in exotics and NSX's. He is known for doing great work. He owns an NSX, Porsche, and Ferrari. I think it's 453-6969. Can someone confirm?

Im sorry about you unfortunate incident I hope you find someone qualified to repair it soon. As for the civic I have to ask was there something that prompted him to do this or did he just decide he was going to cut you off and hit the brakes ? Was it a situation where he cut into the lane and then had to stop because of something in front of him ? Did you report this to the police ?

The civic was just screwing around trying to get me to race but I just wanted to go home, I was getting onto the on ramp to the 528 from John Young. They wanted to race and I wanted to get home...it happens all the time to me in Orlando someones got something to prove against an NSX...anyway the civic was an SI, blue lowered with an exhaust...doesn't help too much...if i could find them I would give them more than my p[iece of mind. Anyway I didn't call the police because originally I didn't think the car was damaged, and I didn't have a plate so I didn't see the point in the additional hassle. Once I got my car out by AAA I thought it was just my chin spoiler but when I got to my gfriends place I was the passernger side mirror was gone and the front quarter panel was dented. Think they might be able to get it out with a paintless dent removal type repai as I don'see a crease. As for the mirror going to go look for it later, assume I will still need one as it was snapped off. Also missing the tow hook cover which I dropped and couldn't find last night.. Anyone know where to get a mirror from besides acura. Have a felling I will be paying out of pocket as I think this migth be less than deductible....not sure.... :mad:

wow that really sucks.

i think you should call the police and report it anyways.

im sure theres only a handful blue SI's in orlando.
but atleast get it on report so they eventually catch this ricer so it doesnt happen to anyone else.

i hope all goes well with repairing your NSX.

I hate to say this but 9 out of ten times they will say that you are suppose to be in control of your car and since no one was killed they will not do anything about it. IMO.

clr1024 said:
On the way home this evening I gpt run off the road. Honda Ciivic cut me off on purpsoe and hit the brakes, I ended up in a ditch, on the corner of the highway to say I am raging is an understatement. I limped my car to my gfriends place with the front lip haninging, at leat thats all I thought was wrong til I got to her place. anyway I just wanted to get to a safe place. Now after looking at my car the passenger side is torn uyp the mirror is gione and its scraped up, where is the best place in Orlando to take it to get fixed. I have yet to call insurnace as it was a hit and run in my eyes and I am glad to be alive...looking at my car makes me want to cry right now.....alll I can do is picture that blue Honda civic si....spinning out into a ditch...anyway I need to get her fixed and fixed right...just thiniking about it makes me nauseous....so where shall I take her...think they can pop out the front quater panel but it will definetely need paint and a mirror...any estiates on price.....cant decide if I shoud pay out of pocket or call my insuramce compamny :mad:

Thanks Carl

Carl, I'm soo sorry to hear that. But like you said, Thank God you're OK!
Remember, what comes around goes around.

Thanks for the support guys, Evo hopefully you're right. I am going to go look for my passenger side mirror, maybe its salvageable although it looks like it snapped off??? Also lost my tow hook cover...will see if I can find that too. Anyone ever go to a paintless dent removal place, I am going to see if they can get the dents out, then maybe have a detail shop buff the paint, didn't see any gouges down to bare metal...of course the car is still caked in mud.

Thanks Again, hopefully she back up and pretty soon.

Carl

one of my friends had his NSX go through a mobile paintless dent removal guy and they did an awesome job and it looked like nothing ever happened. very inexpensive and took very little time to do.

sometimes damages look worst than what they actually are when you just come out of a disaster.
your car will be ok. :smile:

Went looking for the mirror and the tow hook cover with girlfriend, she found both. So that is good, parts oif the mirror are salvageable, the housing , need a new wiring harness and the part that mates it to the door. However after looking at the car in the day light the rear bumper is damaged and needs to be repainted the rear valence is damages as well, might be fixable. Was going to but a WW body kit on, now might be the time...oh well.

Thanks for listening to me rant,

Carl

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I, too, will vouch for the quality of work done by Vinny at All Car Services in Merritt Island. He has done work on several NSX's, including mine, and he does it right. I've seen a few NSX's at his shop that were hit HARD and he worked his magic. When he's done, they look good as new if not better. This might be the time to do those exterior mods you've always wanted! Glad you're alright. That Si driver will meet his fate one day.

Hi Carl,

Very sorry to hear about the BAD news. Especially after we just aligned the car and you just had new frt tires put on. Main thing you didnt get Physically get hurt.
Actually Vinny is supposed to be coming to the shop this Fri Sep 9th at some point to look at a X to give a Customer a estimate. If you can drop the car off tonight or tomorrow morning,he can look at it for you also.
Feetfxr also mentioned another place AutoSport Bodyworks in Longwood 407-830-4810 I dont remember if he left the # for you.

Hey Oster,

Thanks for the support.

Yeah I am still pretty upset about it, but there is nothing I can do but get the car fixed. I have agreed to take it to Auto Sport and Body Works in Longwood, got a couple of recommendations. I took the car in on Monday and talked to Ron who seems pretty knowledgable on the NSX and car repair in general. I am still worried about paint match as about half the car will be repainted. Anyway he's supposed to be a perfectionist so hopefully I shouldn't be able to tell. Taking the car in next Monday.

Will let you know how it turns out.

Carl

Finally got car back today, been 5 weeks, 1 day, 2 hours and 17 minutes... but who's counting.... She looks good, had the body shop do some extra work as they had her. To some peoples dismay I had the roof matched and a WW kit installed. I will post some pics when I get a chance.

Thank you guys for all your support during this dismal time.

Carl

Yeah a couple things have to get fixed, or tweaked but overall they did a good job, assuming they fix those tihngs right. I am taking her back on Monday for them to have all week as I am going on vacation.
I will post pics, think I have a couple before and some after. Friend is a photographer and I know he wants to shoot some pictures, so will post those when I get a chance.

Again

Thanks for the support,

Carl

Back