Help a confused newbie: 2005 for $71k?

Why does a 2005 Monoco Blue, w/blue leather, 1,900 miles, at an Acura dealer in NC not sell for $71k? (listed on ebay, now in "completed items")

I spoke with Steve at the dealership and says the owner drove it for a year, was never titled, being sold as new in showroom condition, 41 months left on warranty (in service date 11/04 + six months extension).

Not exactly my first choice of color, but sure does sound like a great deal. Surely others on the list saw it and thought otherwise, curious as to why?

You can get a NEW 05 NSX for $79k ish or a certified one for around the same with better finance rates and better warranty. Im sure they will sell it for $75k.

Sorry, guess I wasn't very clear, they will sell it today (well tomorrow) for the first $71,000 (maybe less). It's also available for lease or finance.

Says he has other intersted parties he's talking to, but high bid on ebay was $68,210.

Thought I read somewhere on this site, where a dealer can drive for 7k miles and up to one year without titleing it.

Carfax shows zero records for this cars VIN#jh4na21685s000002

Re: Dumb question???

92NSX said:
Kinda dumb question. How can you drive it for a year without titling the car? Wouldn't you have to register it for tag and as such?

Dealer Plates!:biggrin: When my father and I owned an oldsmobile dealership; family member would be driving new cars for years before we sold them. Still remember my moms OLD's Bravada being sold possibly 3 years after we PDI'd it

Anyway, the reason for th post is I'm still holding out in hopes of finding a 2000-01, low mileage, silver or red in the low to mid $50s, but if this is too good a deal to pass up, wonder if it's worth an extra $15 k for a "new" NSX with waranty and little or no history.

HarryMtv said:
Anyway, the reason for th post is I'm still holding out in hopes of finding a 2000-01, low mileage, silver or red in the low to mid $50s, but if this is too good a deal to pass up, wonder if it's worth an extra $15 k for a "new" NSX with waranty and little or no history.

O K HarryMtv I'll help you out. It is snowing like crazy here, Meeeeyatch1 sent it from Race Car city (Indy); I'd much rather be driving the orange thing; bored now until I found your post; but maybe we should just talk about them (NSX's) tonight. :biggrin:
I am doing this from memory, so forgive if I don't get it all right.
This is a LBB with blue 6 speed, very early 2005 production (as in 6 speed car # 2). The dealership was something like Apple Tree Acura in Fletcher, NC, and they listed it as a demo driven by their dealership owner/principal. Count on it being cleaned/wiped off/washed by the dealership's porters who were either commanded to, or wanted to, keep the "big boss" happy and smiling. You likely know what that can mean to an NSX paint job in almost 2 K miles of demo time. However, one hopes that while being operated by the dealership "big boss", anything that was even suspected of being incorrect was going to be addressed unless the "big boss" was unconscious. Which, :tongue: could happen.
But let me get to my point. I saw this E Bay listing and called all my pals who might be in a financial position to bid. Said in his listing, "first $73 K takes". If they are talking telephone $71 K to you, and you can stretch there from your low to mid 50's budget, GET THERE QUICK!
Clean CarFax, likely delivered to this very dealership as a new unit, established history, paint you have to behold under different lighting situations (LBB = chameleon paint job, just neon by day!), they don't make them anymore, full Acura new car warranty, let me go on!
Vehicle was advertised as new, which *should* mean it is sitting on an MSO (manufacturer's statement of origin). That should mean you will be the first titled owner.
:biggrin: What did Rodney Dangerfield say while on the course (Bushwood ?) in Caddy Shack? BUY - BUY - BUY !! :biggrin:

Back