Hello there

Hi there,

I'm happy to be part of the NSX Prime forum and I am currently in the research and acquisition phase of purchasing an NSX.

I'm finishing up a 3 year project on my Acura Legend and I'm now looking to move onto something different.

So far it looks like I will be going with at least a 1997 because I want the 3.2L engine available +1997. There was a facelift of sorts in 2002 with a revised suspension, but through google pictures I am having a hard time seeing the difference in the two cars (facelift). The "R" seems like the one I'd really want, but not sure if those can be had on state side.

Things I would do/upgrade on the car after purchase

-New Paint if needed
-New interior upholstery
-stiffer sway bars and a strut brace if possible (we did this on the Legend through group buys)
-new coil overs
-super light rims, if its an upgrade possible against the oem rims. From what I have read at least in one year the oem rims were quite advanced
-bbk
-little to no use of carbon fiber, at least aesthetically as I don't care for the look
-minor tweaks

Thanks and I'm happy to be here!

Welcome to NSX prime.
Read up on the NSX Wiki tab. There is loads of great information on the NSX.

Hopefully you will find a nice 97+ NSX that won't need new paint or an interior. Unless you are able to do a great paint job yourself, that will be fairly costly, as well as getting any deferred maintenance, WP/TB and hoses, etc. if those haven't been done.

Enjoy the hunt!

Thanks and glad to be here! Forums are a great resource for owners. I was able to do a lot of modifications to my Legend with the help of forum members.

I will definitely take a look at the NSX Wiki tab.

As far as the paint/interior, I'm somewhat of a perfectionist. I have also seen a wide range of price on these cars, from 30k-60k for 1991-2002 model years. If the cosmetic condition is not reflected properly in the price, I just won't touch it. But that said, I have no problem getting it repainted if things lined up right. I have a great body shop that I work with.

Thanks and I will see you around!

Back