Hello, new member from Montana

NSX's are very rare where I live and I am the proud owner of a 1996 red/blk interior that I found in a garage with 17,000 miles on it. Strange because I looked for three years (on nsxprime and other internet sites) and found this in my hometown. Now I can finally join your elite group.
I am a previous Porsche owner X4 (one 911, 1975 one 944, 1983 and two 944Turbos, 1986 & 1988). In 1991 I was visiting relatives in southern California and saw my first NSX in a Acura showroom wth rope around it to keep the lookie lous form messing it up. I new someday I would own one, The day has finally arrived. Thank you for your wonderful site it assisted me in many ways in getting my NSX and thank you to all the members for your comments and observations. The pictures submitted are awesome.

Congrats, and welcome aboard. The NSX is not just rare in Montana. It is rare period. Certain metropolitan areas will have more NSXs. I guess you will be getting lots of stares/attention soon. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Congratulations! Where in Montana are you? I was just down to Butte for a family reunion with my car. I'm also the VP of the Porsche Club (Wild Rose Region) and still have my 944 Turbo and 968 Turbo. I love the NSX for it's looks and how it drives. Even with the supercharger it doesn't have the punch of the 968 Turbo or 951 but hopefully the high boost pulley, AEM and other goodies can rectify that.

Congrats welcome aboard. Nsx is like no other car looks reliability in comparison to any supercar out there. No speed limit in Montana? :)

soloracer951 is the 968 turbo factory. I would like one day a 968 CS (club sport) or 964 RS america no power options pure perfomers.

An NSX in Montana - who'd a thunk it. CONGRATS!

Congrats on the purchase? anymore behind the story on how you found her and some pics please :biggrin:

Thanks for the responses, pictures will be posted soon. Sorry Montana does now have a speed limit, however most twisty mountain roads never have any county mounties in the area (to big of space to patrol).

Can anyone help with a question I have about my timing belt? 17,000 miles should I replace the timing belt or is it still good? (mileage versus age) thanks

If not changed before, yes you should do this! Time as well as miles will wear on the belt. Peace of mind is certainly worth it when you punch that pedal to the redline!

I purchased my '95 3 years ago. It had 46K miles and I worried about the TB due to age. Once the job was done, no worries and love to see the tach go up to 8K.

Congrats on the purchase. I bet she is a sweet ride. Post pix.

Shaun

Anything else that should be maintained? I did have the dealership replace the oxygen sensor because the dash light was coming on... They replaced it under warranty (nice surprise). Nearest Acura dealership is 200 miles away in Spokane Washington.

Attachments

• IMG_0072.jpg
    IMG_0072.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 153
Congrats on your new baby, she looks great! Be sure to watch out for those wild beasts on the road.:smile: I would aquaint yourself with the recommended service intervals in the owners manual and that would take care of what you need.
Enjoy the car!

Congrats welcome aboard. Nsx is like no other car looks reliability in comparison to any supercar out there. No speed limit in Montana? :)

soloracer951 is the 968 turbo factory. I would like one day a 968 CS (club sport) or 964 RS america no power options pure perfomers.

My 968 Turbo was a custom build by Kelly Moss Racing. It was featured in Excellence magazine a few years ago. At that time it made 479 hp/550 lb-ft.

Here is what it looks like:

Attachments

• 968 Turbo Small.jpg
    968 Turbo Small.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 82
Congrats and welcome. I had a 86 944 Turbo with some Lindsey Racing upgrades that was a fun little car. Sold it after a year or so and only put on 300 miles. Sold it in in 2004 with only 63,000 miles on it for way too little money.:redface:

My 968 Turbo was a custom build by Kelly Moss Racing. It was featured in Excellence magazine a few years ago. At that time it made 479 hp/550 lb-ft.

Lol...I was just at that park in North Vancouver this past weekend for a Nissan car show.

I have the excellence magazine which featured your car way back I want to say 00-01. There is one or very few factory 968 turbos. I think you will agree the NSX being mid engine is more fun though it lacks the power your 968 had. :)

This is a photo of my last 951, sold with only 22,000 miles on it. I remember the 968 in Excellence, what a sweet ride.... Sold my 951 for way to little money also.

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 86
951 is the most copied sports car. First car with airbag if I am not mistaken.

This is a photo of my last 951, sold with only 22,000 miles on it. I remember the 968 in Excellence, what a sweet ride.... Sold my 951 for way to little money also.

What an awesome looking car...for a Porsche.

Hey cool I'm in Great Falls and have owned mine for just over a year now. If you need help with servicing it I can help. I am a certified Honda tech and have performed just about every service on my NSX.

Oh and I will be instructing at a Porsche Club driving school in Lewistown this coming weekend and will be using my NSX to chase down some GT3's on the track. Speaking of the track, it is located behind the dragstrip outside of Lewistown, 2.5 miles, fresh pavement, lots of fun.

So. Good luck with your car. Sounds like you found a gem!

Great Falls, good to know my servicing now is done in Spokane. Do you perform servicing as a living? do you work at a shop or at your home?

Three NSX's in my area. Two in Missoula, and one in the bitterroot (To the best of my knowledge). Maybe we can start a yearly nsx get together

Sort of... My autobody person new I was looking for an NSX and a friend told a friend of an individual who owned but never used it. So I contacted this person as he was getting ready to advertise it in the Seattle times (he was very surprised anyone in our town was interested). He is into Muscle cars and was working on a 1957 ranchero, puting a high pewrformance V-8 in it. He also has a 1948 ford with high performance stuff on it.

Very out of character for this type of person to even own an NSX. The NSX was being stored in a portable storage type garage, that was located right next a taco time restaurant that I visited from time to time. I could not believe that I drove by the NSX for over three years while I was searching for one on NSX prime. And I was looking for red with a black interior!!

Meant to be

Sort of... My autobody person new I was looking for an NSX and a friend told a friend of an individual who owned but never used it. So I contacted this person as he was getting ready to advertise it in the Seattle times (he was very surprised anyone in our town was interested). He is into Muscle cars and was working on a 1957 ranchero, puting a high pewrformance V-8 in it. He also has a 1948 ford with high performance stuff on it.

Very out of character for this type of person to even own an NSX. The NSX was being stored in a portable storage type garage, that was located right next a taco time restaurant that I visited from time to time. I could not believe that I drove by the NSX for over three years while I was searching for one on NSX prime. And I was looking for red with a black interior!!

Meant to be

HAHA!! Awesome story....was he the original owner of the car?

No, he was the second owner. He owned it for 5 years and put 4,000 miles on the NSX with only a few short trips. I have all documents for maintenance including the original sticker.

I was looking for red, black or white with black interior, so the red with the black interior was perfect. I also wanted it around 50,000 miles, so the 17,000miles was another bonus. Life is good:smile:

Back