hello, new here

:confused:

hello, im new here,
first of all, excuse my english.
i live in NY and i was looking at this site for around 2 months now.
i currently dont own an NSX but my car is currently up on ebay for sale so i can get THE NSX. (got two bid so far)
What i found out is , THis car is super hard to get
i just couldnt find one around where i live. (0-100miles away)
im looking for around 25k-30k.
i dont know about nsx but i found out what SNap ring is.
but my question : AUTO have snap ring problm too?

what do you guys prefer to get AUTO or Manual.
i rather drive AUTO now because i owned Musatng cobra and it had too much problem on clutches. (i guess my driving style is bad) and i am also too tired to drive manual. but the only reason i want to get Manual transmission is because of "pride?" all my friends tell me to get manual, and manual is faster, people say "sprots car should be manual ." what should i get?

thank you.

:confused:

Welcome!

First of all, the transmission type is, for the most part, a matter of personal preference. If you are looking for true performance then get a manual; otherwise, an automatic is fine.

The automatic transmissions don't have a snap-ring problem because there is no comparable part.

Personally, I drive a manual for the performance and because I have almost always driven manuals.

Also with the Auto in the NSX you lose a lot of HP. 252 vs 270HP or 290HP. The Auto is not very fast at all. I think you can still put a CTSC on it though for more power.

The resale value of the auto is about 3-5K less than a manual. You should have no problem finding an auto car for 25-30K in good shape.

You will have a greater selection of NSXs if you use the internet to search nationwide. That will give you lots more to choose from in the year, transmission, color, price, etc that you are looking for. When you find one, you can have it checked in person by a knowledgeable local owner and/or a dealer/mechanic that does a lot of NSX service work, to verify that it is being represented fairly, before you commit to buying it.

If you prefer an automatic, get one with an automatic. Get what you want, not what other people tell you to get. If you are still not sure, click on the "search" button above (
top_search.gif
) and do a search on previous topics with "auto" in the title. Some will not be about automatic transmissions, but many of them will.

I would NOT put a supercharger on an NSX with an automatic. The reason they reduced the power of the engine on the automatic NSX is because that is all the power the automatic transmission can handle reliably.

P.S. Your English is fine. If English is not your native language, your mastery of it is quite impressive.

hello,
thank you so much for all the replies.
i should get auto. but what if i regret!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
can i change it later? lol,
i wish there are semi auto or something.
anyways, wish me good luck choosing the right NSX.
i already got the blank check thing from capital one.....
sell me your cars. haha

thank you.

David

ouu the auto swap question haha.

we have had so many of these in the prelude forums.

I would suggest you TEST drive both cars. Also take into account what kind of driving you will be doing. I personally would never get another automatic car unless it was my beater or a truck. But that is me and I LOVE shifting. You must think long and hard grasshopper ;) haha It's a question only you can answer but I would seriously recommend test driving both cars.

hahah i wish i can test drive any NSX, there is none NSX for sale in NY.
i just can't fly around Nation wide and just test drive em.

i seriously think i should test drive both of them, but i might just get which ever just come first to me.
thank you so much for helping, and i will try to test drive both of them if its available.

thank you.

David

djjoonie said:
hahah i wish i can test drive any NSX, there is none NSX for sale in NY.
Right now on Autotrader there are five for sale within 25 miles of downtown Manhattan, and fourteen for sale within 100 miles.

Back