Hello, I Need a favor from a 98-02 NSX owner

Hello,

My name is Jeff Sloan, and I am building a 12" OEM brake setup for my Integra R front brakes. I have all the parts needed, however I need one more item, the caliper bolts.

It works like this: if you use the 99+ 3.5RL caliper bracket and rotor, it basically bolts on to the ITR knuckle. However you must to shim the caliper to adjust the offset of the caliper & bracket. As a result of this, I need the longer front caliper mount bolts from the 98-02 NSX. (Acura Part #: 90107-SL0-000)

Herein lies the problem, they are on nationwide back order with no release data. Len (Username: Len on Honda Tech for those that are farmiliar) works at Acura and can order them for me if I provide a VIN and owners name of a 98-02 NSX.

Unfortunetely I don't own or know anyone who owns an NSX . . . That's where you come in.

Can you please call Len at 770-961-3007 and give him your VIN & Name so he can order the bolts for me. Len works for Acura so your information will be secure. He will not give me or anyone outside of Acura this information, so I will never know your information nor will it be shared publicly.

It looks like this is the only way I'm going to be getting these bolts anytime soon, so I will be forever grateful. I'd even be willing to paypal some $$ to make it worth your while.

Thanks!
Jeff Sloan
San Jose, CA

So, a person can't order these "special" bolts unless they prove they own, or know someone with, a [xxxx] year car? :confused:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Autophile said:
So, a person can't order these "special" bolts unless they prove they own, or know someone with, a [xxxx] year car? :confused:

If it is true - sounds like an anti trust suit in the making.

FYI - there are usually a lot of VIN's circulating on EBay and Autotrader - why not just grab one of those?

If you know the length and thread dia and pitch you can buy bolts from any number of suppliers. Doorman, Bowmann or Ace Hardware. I think you would want grade 8 which you would not find at Ace but they may be able to order them.

Autophile said:

i think its more like because they are on backorder they want to make sure the owners of NSX's get these parts first. just a theory

Back