Hello guys, Help needed asap!

Hello guys,

First timer here. Till date I used to hang onto TOV board and hopefully I will join in the list of new owners soon. Need help asap! I am looking at 1994 NSX with 74k miles (Dark Green/Beige, clutch replaced, clean carfax, CA car). I might get it at about 28k. Is that a good price? The car looks like is in good condition. Of course I will get it checked from Acura for mechanical condition etc. What are the problems I should expect with this car? Any thing perticular I need to be concerned of? Maintainance cost?

I currently have 2000 TL and had 99 Honda Accord before that. This would be my weekend car. I live in Buffalo, NY so I will have to garage this baby for 6 months in a year. The car is pretty much stock. I created this id in a hurry as I wanted your openion before I buy this. I will update in in a day or two.

Roc

If the clutch was replaced for sure then I would just make sure that the car had had a 60K mile service done or at least one major service involving a change of timing belt/water pump ect. Other wise IMO its a great price if all checks out. If you check the FAQ on priceing I belive this is a really low price for this car for its year and mileage

Verify if the timing belt and water pump has been done. Check for accident history on Car Fax, make sure panels line up correctly, look for tell tale signs of accident repair, over spray etc. Its not a deal breaker if you have back ground on what the accident was, might of been cosmetic, stay away from frame damage.

Here's a good checklist on the FAQ:

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/BuySell/Used_NSX_Checklist.pdf

I would say a 94 with 74K for 28K is a good price (even if the TB and WP hasn't been done) f

Factor in a price of about $1500 to get that work done at a reputable mechanic. FWIW, I paid around $1500 to get the TB, WP, alternator belt and ac belt plus new belt tensioner, valves adjusted, oil changed with synthetic for $1500, independent mechanic, with loads of experience on the NSX. Did this the first after I bought my car, ounce of prevention....

That looks like a great price even in only average condition. Do you have the VIN# so we can help you out?

Remember that you pay for condition, so remember that most of the '94 NSXs with that kind of mileage are over $30k, some by several thousand dollars. Overall it sounds like a good deal. Pictures would help as well. I own a '94 NSX as well with almost 117,000 miles on it, and a '91 NSX with around 132,000 miles and they have been great. Take care of the car and it will take care of you, just like any other Honda. :smile:

Thank you so much for all your help! Thats what I like about forums like this and TOV. VIN is jh4na1158rt000082. Could you tell me anything from that? Any help is appreciated in advance

Roc

Attachments

• Nsx-1.JPG
    Nsx-1.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 92
  • Nsx-3.JPG
    Nsx-3.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Nsx-5.JPG
    Nsx-5.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Nsx-8.JPG
    Nsx-8.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Nsx-10.JPG
    Nsx-10.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 53
Thanks again for quick turn-around. Is it possible that the color and seats are changed? Whats PPI? I am planning to get it checked from local Acura dealer and the guy who sold this car to me says he bought it from CA a year back. The acura dealer should definitely know from the color that it was in accident right?

Thanks again
Roc

PPI is a pre purchase inspection... any reputable body shop should be able to discern any repaired body damage. I know it took less than 15 seconds for them to find issues with a BMW i was gonna get. Dealer SHOULD be able to do a good mechanical inspection. Just make sure you pick the place, and it's not a "buddy" of the seller.

Thanks guys,

I finalize the deal pending PPI. I am planning to get it done through Sarasota Acura. Do you guys have any feedback on this dealer? Here is the description of my car. Please let me know if the mods on the cars are good/std/bad for long term resale value and maintainance standpoint.

17" front & 18" rear tires with 9.5" wide Prodrive wheels,slotted rotors,stainless steel brake lines,ceramic pads,Bilstein shocks and with all new tires and a new clutch. Pioneer Super Tuner system with Nakamichi PA1004 amp. CD,MP3,DVD player,sub woofer & voice activated navigation system. This car goes fast & stops fast.No need to slow down for turns, its a real sports car, and Stereo will blow you away.

Thanks for your help again.
Roc

Get a PPI.

You may also want to PM bodypainter and see if he'll take a look at it for you? I *think* he's in the area and has a Green 96 for reference. It looks nice in the pics, but he ought to be able to give you a thumbs up or thumbs down on overall condition in person.

Back