Hello from new member! Also, salvage title advice wanted

I've been lurking around here trying to learn from the experts before I dive in and get an NSX. I took the advice of some here and I read over the Honda Tuning magazine NSX buyers guide.

I've looked at one, but the price was a little high, and now it's sold anyway. I'm talking with another owner now, of a '93 (JH4NA1155PT000599). I've asked lots of questions and the owner seems honest and forthright. I haven't looked at the car, because I know how seductive such beauty can be--I want to make a rational decision if possible!

It has a salvage title and I'm not sure how much that impacts the value/price of the car. Your opinions on this and other subjects are appreciated.

Why would you want to purchase a NSX with a salvage title? Are you going to use it as a track car, or you can't afford a NSX without a salvage title? If it's the former, it MIGHT be a good idea depending on the car. If it's the later, you can't afford a NSX.

Why would you want to purchase a NSX with a salvage title? Are you going to use it as a track car, or you can't afford a NSX without a salvage title? If it's the former, it MIGHT be a good idea depending on the car. If it's the later, you can't afford a NSX.

Never truer words were spoken!

In other words, I don't believe anyone here would recommend buying a car with a salvaged title unless you are positive you know exactly what the damage was and if it was frame damage. Frame damage is very difficult to fix on these cars - not saying it can't be done but the more severe the wreckage - the less likely that would be- obviously.
So do you have before and after pics of the damage? Have you spoken with the body shop that did the work - have you had any other body shop give you their opinion or is all this information you've gotten coming from the owner? Not saying that the owner is hiding anything but if it's a dealer - run Forest run! If it's a super forthright individual owner - well you've got to get professional viewing of the auto - we really can't tell you anything that would take the place of that! Hope this helps.

Well, that settles it. I think I've been in too much of a hurry to get an NSX. I'll let this one pass, and keep looking. Thanks to all of you for great advice.

Back