Hello from a new member

Hello to all! My name is Jeff and I live in Canada. I am at present an owner of S2000 2002 since 6 years which I use only once a week during summer. I wish to add a new car in my garage. The only car which interests me it is the NSX. Why? It is teenager's old dream which I want to realize. I look for a model on 1998 and less. Then I wondered which generation of engine was the best between 3.0 and 3.2. Which advice give me for points to verify on the mechanical inspection.

Thanks in advanced:smile:
Jeff

There my S2000
dscn1979fr3.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent color combo on the S2K. Love the wheels too!

WELCOME! :biggrin:

Jeff, just start searching and reading. All the answers are here in print, and all are highly subjective.

Personally, I prefer my '91 with it's fixed roof and manual steering. Also, it's an excellent platform from which to start your mods.

HTH

Welcome. Nice looking S2K.

I was looking to stay in a particular dollar range when I bought my NSX, however, it took my about 14 months to find just the right one.

Both engines are excellent engines. I'm sure you know the spec ratings difference between the two.

When it comes to finding the right car..for me what it boiled down to was mileage...I wanted as low as possible...I looked at upkeep and maintenance of the car (I wanted no deferred maintenance.....and some items, like timing belt/water pump are mileage OR time). I also wanted one that had a stock body and stock drive train. I would say, however, that one of the most important things to consider is the maintenance, and are there records to back up the current owners claims.

There's my $0.02

Thank you for your answers.
I look for a NSX in excellent condition, low mileage, clean title, with no mechanical modification. There is of strong luck that I buy the car in the United States because here in Canada, there is no wide selection. On the other hand, I found one near my house. A 1994, black / black, with 30 000km, is 19 000 miles. Sold by Honda. Wanted price, $45 000 CDN + tx (12.5%). Is it a good price compare for the same NSX in US?

It's not a bad price. What would that be in US dollars? Less I know. The sales tax is a killer up there. What's up with that.

You may be able to get a better deal here in the US.

It's not a bad price. What would that be in US dollars? Less I know. The sales tax is a killer up there. What's up with that.

You may be able to get a better deal here in the US.

$45 000CDN, it's $42 000 USD.

For your information, I found a 1992, red/tan, like brand new, clean title in perfect condition with 18 000km or 11 000 miles. But the owner ask to much I think. $54 000 CDN:eek:

Jeff, just start searching and reading. All the answers are here in print, and all are highly subjective.

Personally, I prefer my '91 with it's fixed roof and manual steering. Also, it's an excellent platform from which to start your mods.

HTH
+1 on the coupe and manual steering. I do wish for a 6 spd but not a biggie. Theres been quite the selection in classifieds lately.

Just keep in mind that you will still be paying the tax when you import a car from the US, as well as an additional 6.1% duty.

Thank you for your answers.
I look for a NSX in excellent condition, low mileage, clean title, with no mechanical modification. There is of strong luck that I buy the car in the United States because here in Canada, there is no wide selection. On the other hand, I found one near my house. A 1994, black / black, with 30 000km, is 19 000 miles. Sold by Honda. Wanted price, $45 000 CDN + tx (12.5%). Is it a good price compare for the same NSX in US?

If that is at a car dealership you can be sure they paid out less than $40,000 for the car. I would offer them $40,000 to start. They need the sale! Find out how long it has been there for. Keep calling the sales rep and tell him you are committed to buying within a period of time (creates a sense of urgency - they will drop their price for sure)

Other than thet keep following this site and I am sure you will find a car here from another prime member. I did :-)

The Black one is a better deal than the red. 54k for a red 92 is nuts! I don't care what the mileage is.

Good advice on the Black from Vancouver. 94 was the last of the stock coupes and 5 speed - good year! The newer the better. Without records of maintenance it could be worth less than 40k - matter of fact if there are no records of maintenance - then I wouldn't pay over 35 to maybe 37k. You see you will most likely have to put about 3k in the car and maybe more. TB/WP/Hoses/valve adjust/fluid change - the basics; then AC check and stereo - those can cost! You always have to look beyond the purchase price - if the car has immaculate records - no paint work - everything up to date - tires...everything - then it maybe worth 42k but that would be pretty amazing if all that was up to date! Lots of questions!

Welcome Keep looking for the car which falls into the parameters you described. Don't settle for less. You'll never be satisfied if you do. Patience my man, much patience:smile:

Back