Hello all

Hello all,

Looking into getting an early model NSX soon, any recommendations on year? I've read some bad things about 91-92 snap ring problems, so 93+ is better?

Thanks!

Hello all,

Looking into getting an early model NSX soon, any recommendations on year? I've read some bad things about 91-92 snap ring problems, so 93+ is better?

Thanks!

Check out the Wiki section of this site. Lots of information. I'd say get the best car within your price range. Pay a little more for a better car. Maintenance records is a deal breaker sometimes. Your rookie questions could be cause for you wearing a flame suit. Well maybe. Read all the different posts, your questions are well written on this site. Good luck in buying a car.

Not all 91 or 92 NSX's have the snap ring issue. All NSX's have the same snap ring... even ones within range may not have an issue. Best to read the Wiki about the issue.

It's something to be aware of... but might be a nice reason to upgrade the trans :biggrin:

I own one in the range, no problems to date. Depends on how lucky you feel.

93's to 94's are tougher to find, less produced (again in the wiki) but would be the coupes.

95 on up for the most part are NSX-T's... there are a few coupes but not many and they appear to be highly sought after.

Most of the information is on the wiki... but sometimes that is tough to navigate for new users.

Good luck in your hunt.... welcome to Prime.

Welcome to Prime. The link above, provided by Shawn, will give you some of the best advice.

Thanks for all the help!

So it appears I am looking for a 95+ model, with less than 70K Miles and priced in the $25-29,000 - Red / Black / White / Yellow / Blue - if anyone knows of any :)
I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA.

I've been reading the FS forums, some seem to have too many accidents or damages or high mileage...:frown:

Thanks for all the help!

So it appears I am looking for a 95+ model, with less than 70K Miles and priced in the $25-29,000 - Red / Black / White / Yellow / Blue - if anyone knows of any :)
I am willing to travel anywhere in the USA.

I've been reading the FS forums, some seem to have too many accidents or damages or high mileage...:frown:

Finding a 95+ with less than 70K miles for under $30K is going to be a challenge. For a 95+ in that price range you are probably looking at one with a good deal over 100K miles. Good luck with your search.

Back