Hello All!

Greetings everyone at NSX Prime! I've been lurking here for a few weeks and this seems like THE place for NSX owners and enthusiasts.

I am considering buying a 1993 NSX with a salvage title. The VIN is JH4NA1155PT000599

Would anyone here know how to get some info on this car? The seller says it was a recovered theft and was rebuilt in 1994. It was on eBay here..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...20367184699&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

Car looks pretty good to me and the seller says its fine. The seller is up-front about the title but he doesn't seem to have any details on what was fixed, etc. Any thoughts, comments, etc?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
It all depends on his asking price, 93 NSX like that 1 with a clean title if low to mid 20s. Basically you have to compare how much your saving considering you dont know what type of loss it was. Good luck!!!!!!!

Basically we have an agreement at $19,500 delivered. No money has changed hands yet. I see in the info here that it was listed by Acura as "totalled". The car looks straight with no evidence of repair (no overspray, etc) but I'm just going by the pics. Haven't seen it in real life yet.

Thanks for the responses thus far. Very helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, I see it now. The gaps don't match on the headlight doors. Also, what do you think about the front passenger side gap (Gap between the door and front fender)? Is it me or does it look a little "different"?

Best advice - DO NOT EVER BUY A SALVAGED CAR!!

Yeah, I'm thinking this car took a hit in the front..possibly a hard hit, at that.

I realize it's cheaper on the way in like this..but if I ever have to sell it.....??? Could be a hassle.

Last edited:
I'd buy a fixed up salvaged NSX but it would have to be for under $15k because on the books, its worth nothing and to lenders, its worth nothing. Basically you are buying what someone else invested to reincarnate it.

Back