Hello All, New and needing advice/help!!!

Well Im new to the NSX forum, But heres the deal, Im selling my toyota supra and planning on getting an NSX, My budget for the car to purchase is around 20-21k. Now I know thats not alot but I should be able to find something decent in this price range? Also when people are looking for supra's, theres certain websites that sale only supras and I was curious if there was a site like this for the NSX? Any help or suggestions would be most appreciated, Thanks

Regards

Jonathan

Thanks for the welcome, I know thats not alot to work with, Ill have to check my finances but I can possiably bump that upto 25k. Ive seen a few decently nice ones going for $28k, Hopefully with a blow in the wind and being at the right place at the right time, I might be able to snag one for 25. Hopefully,lol. The search for NSX's seems as tideous as the search for a good supra. Anyway, thanks again.

Regards
Jonathan

Thanks, I checked there as well. I guess now its time to hunker down in the storm and try an find her. I searched for about 8 mos to find my supra, hopefully this isnt a repeat,lol, but I see it as being one:) Thanks for all the suggestions!!!

Jonathan

I got mine from Autotrader.com and paid $25,900. I have 3 friends that got theirs as well from Autotrader, all under $30k. No dissapointments.

Here are some tips I will pass along to you.

First of all chances of finding a car in your home town will be slim to none. So I reccomend posting a thread in a regional forum to have a fellow NSX'r take a look at it. If everything checks out, and you are ready to buy, make arrangements with a qualified shop near the seller to check out the car. Fly in 1 way (if your gut tells you it's the one) or on a 2 way ticket. Have seller pick you up @ the airport. Drive it to the shop for a check-up. If it passes, go to the sellers bank, and get his wire info. Make sure seller has a clear title, and is signed. Call your bank, and have them wire the money. (this only takes about 30-45 min. tops, grab some lunch or look over the car some more) Check back at the bank, once the money is posted in his account, grab the keys, title, and have a great drive home.

The wire is safer than cashiers checks. (costs about $15 to do)

Good luck!

Good advice TBell.

They are right about not finding one in your city. You will more than likely have to travel. It is not an easy, or inexpensive way to purchase a car.

Be sure to built in your flight, PPI, hotels, gas, and food, as part of purchase price.

Oh Im not planning on finding one where I live, I had to fly out to get my supra, so I completely understand how that works, you have to be ready to go on a moments notice. As always thanks for everyones input, Ill be a fellow nsx driver hopefully by the end of the summer. I wanna take my time in finding one, so I make sure I get exactly what I want and exactly what my wallet can afford,lol. Thanks again

Jonathan

Back