Headlights may spoil my party at Gil's tomorrow

Washed and cleaned my 97 for tomorrow's BBQ at Gil's . Both headlights will not go down. Now, I have been an NSX owner since 1994 and have never had this problem. Both fuses OK, plenty of battery power. Owner's manual has a paragraph about raising the lights manually. Motor's plastic cover has an arrow pointing forward and refuses to come off. I looked at Wiki and, call me dumb, I was not able to find anything about headlights refusing to retract. Any help (I refuse to drive the thing with headlights up :)

Last edited:
Did you remove any interior items recently? The headlights will stay in the "up" position if the headlight switch on the left side of the dash is disconnected or otherwise inoperable.

No, did not. Just found NSX service manauls I've had since 1994 (thank you Woodwork!). located both relays in Box A. Maybe both fried ?

Washed and cleaned my 97 for tomorrow's BBQ at Gil's . Both headlights will not go down. Now, I have been an NSX owner since 1994 and have never had this problem. Both fuses OK, plenty of battery power. Owner's manual has a paragraph about raising the lights manually. Motor's plastic cover has an arrow pointing forward and refuses to come off. I looked at Wiki and, call me dumb, I was not able to find anything about headlights refusing to retract. Any help (I refuse to drive the thing with headlights up :)

Ramon is there tomorrow, you'll go home with the headlights down no doubt. Gil

Hey Tino,

If not Ramon then i'm sure the rest of us should be able to figure it out :)

Bring it by!

Thanks ! Well, thanks also to Manny for reminding me about the popup switch on the dashboard. No wonder they call him Dr. Manny ! And...after 16 years of NSXing, I still forgot about it.

Last edited:
Thanks ! Well, thanks also to Manny for reminding me about the popup switch on the dashboard. No wonder they call him Dr. Manny ! And...after 16 years of NSXing, I still forgot about it.
It will be nice to see everyone tomorrow! And thank you Ramon, it will be nice to start my NSX after 3 months!! See you tomorrow. Gil

Back