Heading to Dallas/FTW this week. What to do?

I'll be driving the nsx up there this week and I really don't know what to do in Dallas except eat.
First and foremost, Which hotel do you guys recommend? I would like to stay near 30&35 if possible since GF is having an interview at the UNT Health Science Center Friday morning. Other than that, we will be free from Wednesday until the time we decided to leave.
Thanks in advance.

Hotel, I'm not sure but there's the Ritz-Carlton, Omni, and Marriott City Center near there that all get great reviews.

Event-wise, it really depends on what you guys are into. The new Perot science museum is pretty cool, lots of concerts, and I've heard good things about the Deep Ellum brewing tour. The weather should be really nice for you as well. If you do go to the Perot museum, the Dallas Aquarium is right across the street and also pretty cool.

Here's a search of events from 11/6 - 11/8. Something in there may jump out at you.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/events/search/dateRange:[2013-11-06,2013-11-08]/

Last edited:
Ah.. the Gaylord is pretty nice. We hade Quakecon there a couple of times and I've also been for their big Christmas decoration/exhibit thing. It's not really "near 30&35", though. :)

Another thing I thought of for tomorrow night - the Stars play the Red Wings. I'm not really a hockey "fan" per se, but I always have a good time at the games I've been to. Tickets are very reasonable.

You could also swing by SCW Performance and check out some NSX Parts / Goodies! I'm sure your GF would love that! Only about 15 min from the Gaylord....

im down for what ever. lmk if you guys want to meet up.
ill me at Omi Korean restaurant tonight around 8-830 if anyone is interested in meeting up. My friend told me it's an all you can eat korean so I will definitely try.
address I pulled from google is: 2625 Old Denton Road Suite 326, Carrollton, TX 75007
281 nine35 2722 is my number. text me if ya want to meet up.

Last edited:
Back