Heading back home from Iraq

Well, the 24th MEU is done out here in Iraq. We're now completing the washdown of all our gear before steaming back west. It's been 8 months now since we left North Carolina. Our "6 month" deployment will end up being 9 months by the time we get home. On the bright side, the entire 9 months will have been in a combat zone (tax free) and my savings account has been growing like crazy. I'm going to have to dump a little of that (ok, a lot of it) into some NSX upgrades, then take some leave to go on a little victory tour.

Also, one of my squadronmates is looking into buying a used NSX when he gets back. So we could have some fun with the Jacksonville, NC, NSX club as the membership may climb to 2.

Later,

Bill

Welcome home! Take a well deserved drive in your NSX!
icon14.gif

An early welcome home to you, and an early welcome to Prime to your squadron mate.

Bill,

Great job!

Have a nice trip home and stay 24 Proud.

-Jim

great job wildbill846...

I would suggest your first mod be a .50cal machine gun mounted to the roof an NSX-T... then you could take your NSX with you into service; fastest Technical on earth... plus you'd NEVER lose a street race again. ;)

seriously though... good to hear you are returning safe & sound.

Great news, thanks for your service. As a former Carolinian maybe you can take some time off @ Wrightsville Beach.

Sorry, bad idea....you have spent too much time in the sand already!!!

God Bless you and all that serve.

Thank you and welcome home! Your efforts are deeply appreciated by all of us on this board and rest of America!

Thank you for your tremendous service. Without it, we would not have the luxury of what we have in this best country on earth. God bless America!
Steve

Bill -

A heartfelt thank you for your sacrifices and your service.

A well deserved welcome home.

God Bless America.

Bill,
Great to hear from ya! Get in touch when ya get home and let's get started on those mods!

Well, thanks everyone. It's nice to know so many people appreciate us out here. Now, if any of you know any attractive, single women who are also very appreciative, please direct them my way. If we stay on schedule, we'll be home May 26th...exactly 9 months since our departure.

Later,

Bill

Back