Have you noticed that....

...NSX owners are mostly single? According to the previous topic of "Profile of NSX owners", I see alot of people with good careers and no children. I guess bringing someone else into the world takes a lot of $$$. I bet you guys prefer the NSX....

Any comments?

[This message has been edited by Jeffry (edited 02 August 2002).]

I am married with no children, but I tell people that I have two "kids" that I pamper very much (my NSX and M3).

If you think about it, the NSX is just like a child. It needs new shoes (tires) frequenctly, and wants new toys (mods) to play with. Only difference is that I feed it expensive premium gas instead of milk.

uuhhh, well---im aware of several members with wives and children, myself included.

one little boy and another baby due september--and one wife. though if we have any more she may actually encourage polygamy
smile.gif

Having attended quite a few NSX events, I'd guess the typical owner is married with at least one child, but I've never done a formal survey!

I think the people on the message forums who feel inclined to reply to that thread are disproportionately young. Maybe the difference is that people with kids are less likely to have time to post on message forums!

Originally posted by Lud:
Having attended quite a few NSX events, I'd guess the typical owner is married with at least one child, but I've never done a formal survey!

Acura surveyed the NSX owners at NSXPO '99 and 66 percent were married. Industry surveys of all exotic sports cars typically show 68 percent.

Originally posted by 8000RPM:
So I can safely assume that Mr.5000+ posts (Ken) does not have any children?
biggrin.gif

Only this one, shown here at NSXPO 2001:

p2010003_small.jpg

Lud has a good point. When I was getting by bodykit installed, one of the guys that works at the bodyshop stopped by with his baby daughter. As he was holding her in his arms, we discussed how compatable having a baby is with owning an exotic car, even one as reliable as the NSX. "I just dropped three grand on getting and installing plastic. That is a big chunck of a kid's future, and it doesn't go over well with wifes." I guess it all comes down to your stature in life, and what is important to you.

I've been married 25 years, 3 kids 11-22, a dog, fishing boat, and a 1941 Buick 4-door Roadmaster Convertible.

------------------
2002•Black/Black

Originally posted by Jeffry:
...NSX owners are mostly single? According to the previous topic of "Profile of NSX owners", I see alot of people with good careers and no children. I guess bringing someone else into the world takes a lot of $$$. I bet you guys prefer the NSX....

Any comments?

[This message has been edited by Jeffry (edited 02 August 2002).]

I think Lud's answer is "on the money".

But, I'd like a show of hands from people, who 'know of people'
wink.gif
, that were married and now are single because of their passion for their 'NSX' or addiction to, sitting in front of their computer, always reading/replying to "NSXPrime" forums?

Can you give us some [IDEAL] examples of what an understanding wife is?
confused.gif

Back