Have you ever tried counting?

Lately, I been counting the number of mustangs and corvettes that I see when I get out on the road. I have been shocked with the numbers that I come up with when I actually look for it. I took a trip to the YMCA the other day which was only 3-4 miles from my house. Even though is was not on any highways and mostly traveled the backroads through suburbia Midwestern America, I counted 16 mustangs and 6 corvettes on that one way trip alone.:eek:

By comparison, I have seen 1 NSX on the road (besides get togethers or events) in the last year. It really shows you that the NSX is truly an exotic. Anyone ever done this or do I just have too much time? ;)

No, I do it too. :) Mostly to piss off my dad when he thinks his vette is cooler than my NSX. :D

gheba_nsx said:
Here we have a 1:1 with the NSX and the C5 or 1:2 with the NSX and all the corvette series... :p

But I see way more Ferrari than Corvette+Mustang+NSX combined! :)

Man, I would love to see that. At least a Ferrari brings some class to the table. I don't have as much of a problem with the vettes, but really grow tired of all the mustangs. You can get them for next to nothing.

What a co-inkie-dink! I did the same thing last Sunday during a drive down through Laguna and Newport. Saw over 20 vette's and lost count on the stangs. Oh... and I saw 5 Ferrari's...........

....all parked on the showroom floor at a dealer in Newport! :D

jlindy said:
Lately, I been counting the number of mustangs and corvettes that I see when I get out on the road.

By comparison, I have seen 1 NSX on the road (besides get togethers or events) in the last year. It really shows you that the NSX is truly an exotic.

So, I saw a Yugo the other day - the first one I've seen in years. I guess that makes it an exotic too. ;)

Let's face it, if Honda had originally priced the the NSX at Corvette prices we would be seeing a lot of them today.

gheba_nsx said:
Problem is that the price for a new C5 here is 5k more than a used 355 or 5k less than a used 360.

Who buys them? :p

(ok, same holds true for the NSX price... :( )

What?:eek: Provide specifics please. A C5 goes for more than a 360? How old?

Damn, I may want to buy one over there and have it shipped back. I could make a vacation out of it. ;)

jlindy said:

Damn, I may want to buy one over there and have it shipped back. I could make a vacation out of it. ;)

How about doing a group buy on a few C5 and shipping them over. Then we can sell them or trade them for some F cars.
:D :D :D

Anybody got ship???:confused: :rolleyes:

gheba_nsx said:
Here we have a 1:1 with the NSX and the C5 or 1:2 with the NSX and all the corvette series... :p

But I see way more Ferrari than Corvette+Mustang+NSX combined! :)

being originally from overseas too, seeing a Vette there was like seing a Lambo or F-car in the States, something highly exotic. Later on I realized that Vettes in the states were nothing more than blue-collar man's dream car, many actually realizing their dream (more power to them!) but something even a european white-collar man doesn't even dare to dream of !:rolleyes:

jlindy said:

There is a slight problem converting the Ferraris for your DOT, you should add around 10k for that. Many US car dealers come here for grey inporting them to the USA.

FYI, a new C5 costs here about 65k Euros. A 1996/1997 355 costs 60k Euros. A 2000 360 costs around 70k Euros...

gheba_nsx said:
There is a slight problem converting the Ferraris for your DOT, you should add around 10k for that. Many US car dealers come here for grey inporting them to the USA.

FYI, a new C5 costs here about 65k Euros. A 1996/1997 355 costs 60k Euros. A 2000 360 costs around 70k Euros...

So for about 85k US dollars, you could get a 2000 360. Not that I am taking out my checkbook right now, but they go for a lot more than that here even with the added 10k don't they?

I just checked ebay and they are looking to get 135-150k for a 2000. Does it require a lot of change to meet US specs too?

Last edited:
loNfastNSX said:
Here in Texas you can get a Mustang GT 2002 for about 14,000. What do they go for in Australia?

Mustangs are too expensive here in Australia. Way too expensive. :( Here's some 2nd hand Aussie prices.

1995 Mustang Coupe - AUD$30,000
1994 Mustang Convertible - AUD$35,000 (59,000kms)
1998 Mustang Red GT Convertible - AUD$52,000 (52,000kms)
1998 Mustang Supercharged - AUD$89,000

Sorry Mustang-lovers, but I would NOT be buying one of these. For this money, i could be driving a skank Prelude or have my NSX at last. :D

Out of interest here's some classic Mustang prices in Australia:
1969 Mustang Mach1 scj Coupe AUD$74,500 (20,000kms)
1968 Mustang White Shelby GT500 WHITE AUD$120,000 (25,750kms)

:cool:

Had to run out yesterday to get a car inspected, and decided to count vettes and stangs along the way (darn you, Jeff ;)). 1mile of city streets and ~10 miles of highway yielded 9 C5's, 1 C4 and 11 stangs. Of course I saw no NSX's, but I did see 1 GT-2.

KGP said:
Had to run out yesterday to get a car inspected, and decided to count vettes and stangs along the way (darn you, Jeff ;)). 1mile of city streets and ~10 miles of highway yielded 9 C5's, 1 C4 and 11 stangs. Of course I saw no NSX's, but I did see 1 GT-2.

Ha, it's addicting isn't it. Just don't try so hard to search for these vehicles that you don't pay attention to the road. ;) I did that a couple of times.

jlindy said:
Anyone ever done this or do I just have too much time? ;)

I do it all the time. I have the same results as you do except on a smaller scale because I live in a one horse town. I have only come across one other NSX in the last 10 years besides the one the Acura dealer has two towns North of here.

The city I live in now is riddled with Mustangs. It's an epidemic. Back where my parents live in Tampa, Vettes run rampent....but no matter where I go in the country, an NSX sighting is rare.

I see an 80's corvette everyday and an 80's convertible camaro, two mustangs and one old stingray corvette (live in my area). Oh and a monkey riding a bike! Other than that not too many here!

While riding my bike, it goes.........onnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeee mustang:D

Back