have you ever sold a car on EBAY???

i was looking at selling my Lexus on EBAY.. but they have all these fees...insertion fee...price reserve fee...bold fee...final value feess..

man, how much does it cost to sell on ebay and do I get any money back if it doesn't sell..

I'm sure i could figure this out but i just wanted to ask you guys. Is selling on EBAY worth it?? or should I just stick to the local newspaper??

erick

If you are desperate to sell the car at any price, then eBay may be a good option. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother as the bids tend to be lower than market due to various reasons. Also, the insertion fee is nonrefundable, although you can relist the car for free if it doesn't sell the first time around. I'm not familiar with specifics as I've never sold a car through eBay, just knick knacks.

As for the paper, I think Auto Trader is a better alternative.

[This message has been edited by PHOEN$X (edited 25 October 2002).]

I think it depends on which car you are trying to sell regards to response. I bought by 01 M3 on EBAY and the seller said he received the most email and responses via EBAY vs Autotrader or other locals papers.

I thought that to list a car on EBAY, there is one flat listing price around $50 vs other auctions with all of the listing fees.

If you are selling a passenger vehicle, the most you would pay is $80 if it sells, and $40 if it doesn't. Considering the mass exposure you'd draw I think it's quite a bargain; moreover, an eBay auction also features the added bonus of a free online Autotrader ad. FYI, I've successfully sold three cars with the aid of eBay.

Back