Has Viper Driver gone to Iraq.

Just wondered if anyone had spoke w/Viper Driver lately. Sorry if I missed a post that addressed this alredy, but I was just wondering. FYI-If not familar with him he's a F-16 pilot and he stated that his participation would be certain.

Air force pilot like Viper Driver will not have to deploy until they get the green light from the chain of command, the only way that he is there right now is because his unit is due to be deploy at Sandi Arabia's airbase at regular training schedule (Hell, these guys have been giving it to the Iragi for years). The reason why that is because the air force have a very quick reaction time, and since Bush seem to want to go ahead on the Iragi's issue,preparation has been made, and the air force if need to will have its first fighter wing in the theater less than 18 hours.

Now on, the other hand, Army guys like us, have to deploy ahead of schedule, to make way for our heavy equipment (ie, tank, MLRS, Bradley,chopper, etc) Believe me It take a long time to furnish enough equipment for one division, let alone 20 divisions like what Bush have in mind. Little by little, with the help of our air force brother we will have what we need to wage this bloody war. But trust me, on our southern watch next to the Iragi border, we scare the F... out of them every time we maneuver, and test our weapons. I am a soldier and Viper is a pilot, and we are both prepare to make what ever sacrifice neccesary for our country.

It's good to know that we have patriot on this board, so when we have to go, we will get the job done right knowing that we have the support of the people back home. Peace everyone and take care.

A co-worker w/ the air national guard (192nd fighter wing) was called up and deployed to Saudi a couple weeks ago. He is an engineer, so I expect they are getting things ready for the rest to come over.

If I remember correctly he is a member of the New Mexico Air Gaurd. I think the gaurd isn't required to log the seat time as active duty are, so I wouldn't be suprised if he is back in sometype of training somewhere awaiting deployment. I remember during the gulf war adopting several GI's and sending things, (batteries, toiletries, books (etc.) Would be nice to do that again for him or any others as it appears the US is going back within a few weeks. I would get my kids envolved w/this as well as anyone that serves our country needs our support & respect and or course prayers. This time around is going to be different. Hey Degle, are you going ?

I'm not usually one to participate in "potentially emotional" threads, but I want to wish Godspeed to Deqle, Larkins, Viper and the other troops on this forum.

My supervisor's son is an Army Ranger, and when he shipped out he told his dad that this time he is going under NATO command. To this simpleton, it means serious business once Congress grants Bush permission.

My prayers to all of the men and women in the coalition's armed forces.

Originally posted by Deqle:
Air force pilot like Viper Driver will not have to deploy until they get the green light from the chain of command, the only way that he is there right now is because his unit is due to be deploy at Sandi Arabia's airbase at regular training schedule (Hell, these guys have been giving it to the Iragi for years). The reason why that is because the air force have a very quick reaction time, and since Bush seem to want to go ahead on the Iragi's issue,preparation has been made, and the air force if need to will have its first fighter wing in the theater less than 18 hours.

Correct. I'm still here in good ol' New Mexico. We're a part of an Air Expeditionary Force (AEF) that has a regular rotation in and out of the middle east. As things stand right now with the current (speculated) timeline we are on, I think my squadron has a good chance of being in on the first wave or soon after. Don't quote me on that, though.....I really don't know much more than anyone else. I train every day to go to war, and nothing that's happened in the past year has altered that very much.

Now on, the other hand, Army guys like us, have to deploy ahead of schedule, to make way for our heavy equipment (ie, tank, MLRS, Bradley,chopper, etc) Believe me It take a long time to furnish enough equipment for one division, let alone 20 divisions like what Bush have in mind. Little by little, with the help of our air force brother we will have what we need to wage this bloody war. But trust me, on our southern watch next to the Iragi border, we scare the F... out of them every time we maneuver, and test our weapons.

Lol.....I'll bet they run for the hills whenever you start moving! They don't wan't a repeat of the massacre they endured the last time the Abrams and Apaches made mincemeat out of them in 1991.

Either way, if we get the green light to go, I hope and pray it is over quick. I hope our civilian commander-in-chief frees us to do our jobs with the most extreme prejudice and with the least restrictions possible. Tie our hands, and we may have another Vietnam in the works.

I am a soldier and Viper is a pilot, and we are both prepare to make what ever sacrifice neccesary for our country.

It's good to know that we have patriot on this board, so when we have to go, we will get the job done right knowing that we have the support of the people back home. Peace everyone and take care.

Agreed. There are a lot of good people on this forum, and a lot of good people in this country. I thank all of you guys, and will re-iterate that we have all circumstantially become soldiers in this fight. Our enemy doesn't distinguish between a person in uniform or a civilian....we are all targets of their agression.

Remember that there will be a lot of the "no blood for oil" contingent outside of all of our military bases in the coming months. There will be people who call us baby killers. Even as recent as a few weeks ago, my friends in the Illinois Air Guard had to put up with a contingent of people outside of their gate when they got home from Afghanistan. These people were waving Canadian flags and were putting up signs saying "we support the Canadians" in reference to the tragic friendly-fire incident a few months ago. It's sad.

If I remember correctly he is a member of the New Mexico Air Gaurd. I think the gaurd isn't required to log the seat time as active duty are, so I wouldn't be suprised if he is back in sometype of training somewhere awaiting deployment.

Yep.....I'm in the NM Air Guard. However, we fly just as much as our active duty brothers, and are no less proficient in our flying than they are. Actually, we fly more than just about any active duty or guard F-16 unit.

I remember during the gulf war adopting several GI's and sending things, (batteries, toiletries, books (etc.) Would be nice to do that again for him or any others as it appears the US is going back within a few weeks.

That's a great idea. I'd recommend concentrating on our ground troops, especially the Army and Marines. They are typically placed much closer to harm's way and do not have near as many luxuries as us Air Force folks do. Sure, us aircrew will be getting shot at and will be in harm's way, but the vast majority of USAF folks won't be anywhere near the front lines. We stay in air-conditioned buildings, eat hot meals every day, and have most of the luxuries of home.

I'm not usually one to participate in "potentially emotional" threads, but I want to wish Godspeed to Deqle, Larkins, Viper and the other troops on this forum.

smile.gif
Thanks to all here for helping me in the search for my '91 NSX, and making this summer one of the best of my life. I stuck my neck out financially to make the purchase happen, but I am very glad that I did no matter what the future holds for me. I am very blessed to be a part of such a wonderful community.

Adios Amigos!

Chuck (Viper Driver)

------------------
'91 Black/Ivory NSX
'89 Gray/Gray F-16C

As of right now, I am still waiting. The Army send me back to San Diego for officer school. They put me in the reserve and send me to school, but if they need to, they will pull me out and put me back in the active duty unit that I was in before. If shit hit the fan, I will freaking volunteer myself. Most of my guys station at Fort Sill, OK with the 75th brigade is already in the Kuwaiti's theater on the border, and this time they brought a lot of heavy eqyipments and new weaponry with them ready to give it to Saddam.

hey guys, just wanted to say that i personally appreciate what you are doing. as members of our armed forces there is no greater contribution to our society than what you do and are prepared to do for the sake of us all. thanks.

hey tom, great idea, i'd like to part of that. let me know about coordinating this. since we're neighbors, lets do something together.

Viper Driver, sorry I wasn't aware that you guys were logging that much seat time. When you get there you ought to drop us a line on the forum as it would be great to hear from you. Just wondering, is you jet named.

Andy, Thanks for including me in your thoughts, however I have not had the privaledge of serving in the armed services. I'm a civilian. Nearly my entire family has served in the military from WWII thru Vietnam as well as a couple of friends that were pilots recently. I hope I didn't mis-lead anyone, I just want to show my support.

Degle, If possible drop me an e-mail or post if possible when you get an address their and we'll see that you get some stuff. Looks like Huckster is one board with this idea, its the least we can do. Who knows maybe others hear would like to participate.

Back