Has anyone tried GM Synchromesh?

My beater is starting to periodically grind into 3rd gear, after changing the trans fluid out it was good for about 500 miles before the signs returned. Supposedly, this synchromesh stuff was the answer for those DSM guys with those horrible transmission problems, has anyone had any experience with this stuff? Comments appreciated.

The GM synchromesh has been a fairly popular replacement oil for S2000 owners. Most owners have reported good results when the oil is new although gearbox performance reportedly degrades as the oil breaks down.

Unfortunately, I can't remember which is which but as I recall owners in certain environments (hot and humid vs warm and moderate) reported better results than others.

A good friend owns a Cavalier and he sings the praises of that stuff. Try going to j-body.org and ask around. I'm sure they can give you all the info you need and want.

The BG syncroshift/GM syncromesh works very well in the DSM trannies. We also like the Royal Purple gear oil and the Amsoil gear oil. Over the last few years we have tried just about every gear oil out there and those three seem to work the best. They all have GL-4(there are different amsoils, some are GL-5) compatability which is what you want. Mo - Elite.

Back