Has anyone here ever used DCU or have heard anything about them?

Hi. I have been prowling around on these boards for a while now but never really post. I thought maybe I should start being as that I am now trying to purchase my first nsx. I have been recomended by someone that DCU (Digital Federal credit Union) are the best out there. I have tried jjbest and capitolone but have been turned down being as I am currently financing another car at the same time and will not trade it in. Well has anyone ever heard of dcu or know of anyone with some experiences with them? Any feedback would be appreciated.

In general, credit unions are local community banks, where you have to be a member to take advantage of their services. So, unless someone lives in the same area as you, and qualifies to be a member (rules can vary), you won't get much feedback.

Based on their webpage (www.dcu.org), they only have 12 branches, which makes it a very small operation.

WOW the post that made me stop lurking in the shadows. I have been with DCU since 99 when I worked for Compaq. They truly are a great cu to bank with. I have not had a car loan with them but I do know a few things about how they do them. They will let you borrow 10-15% more then what the car is worth. They do use kbb.com for the value of the car. Other then that I dont know much more. They have over all impressed me time and time again with how much better then a bank. They may be small but when all the tellers know you by first name and know enough about you to have a nice conversation about your personal life every time you go in it makes all the difference. As far as becoming a member you can just tell them you want to donate 8 dollars to the charity of thier choice and then you dont need to know anyone that is a member there. Once you use a CU you will never go back to a bank.

mindbomb2323 said:
WOW the post that made me stop lurking in the shadows. I have been with DCU since 99 when I worked for Compaq. They truly are a great cu to bank with. I have not had a car loan with them but I do know a few things about how they do them. They will let you borrow 10-15% more then what the car is worth. They do use kbb.com for the value of the car. Other then that I dont know much more. They have over all impressed me time and time again with how much better then a bank. They may be small but when all the tellers know you by first name and know enough about you to have a nice conversation about your personal life every time you go in it makes all the difference. As far as becoming a member you can just tell them you want to donate 8 dollars to the charity of thier choice and then you dont need to know anyone that is a member there. Once you use a CU you will never go back to a bank.

Thanks for the feedbacks so far. That is what I was hoping to hear about. Anyone else experience anyting with them? The person who reccomended me to use them was sjones.

Back