has anyone here cruised with Carnival?

Quick way ot question. I was planning a trip to atlantis in Nassua when my travel agent came up with a cruise that is super inexpensive (so inexpensive that it's really no risk at all). It is a Carnival 4 day cruise to nassau on the ship known as the Fantasy. Has anyone here ever taken this or a similar one with them? Bad idea, good idea??? Any advice is appriciated
thanks
Aaron

94 NSX Green/Tan #268 - sleeping for the winter
89 CRX Si SOHC VTEC hybrid - 7200 rpm's of ice traction

Not the best cruise line here in Miami, but you will definatly have a great time. Make sure you are not on a diet.

------------------
White 1992
Dali Intake,
Dali Sway Bars,
H & R Springs,
Slotted Rotors,
Comptech Exhaust,
BBSC

Carnival is not too bad. Entertainment is pretty good, food is fair, and the ships are clean. Just get off the boat every chance you get. There's more fun on land!

wife and i took the carnival spirit on an alsakan cruise in june... incredible. i, too, had heard bad things about carnival in the past but this was far and away the nicest cruise i've ever taken.

------------------
Kaye & Trish
1998 NSX-T #176
Red/Tan
No mods...
NSXCA #108
-My other car is a 767-

Thanks for the input! I went ahead and got it. For $900.00 total for 2 people with flight from Chicago and everything I figure it was a no brianer.
Aaron

Carnival is generally OK - quite good considering the price actually. Unless you like lots of screaming kids, I'd avoid them during times when school is out.

On a larger ship (I believe the Fantasy-class ships are over 2000 passengers) you probably want to book your dinner seating time and any shore excursions as soon as possible.

Other cruise lines have better food in my opinion and a little more upscale atmosphere, as opposed to the more Vegas-esque atmosphere on Carnival, but for $900 you can certainly have a great little vacation for not much money!

I've gone a couple of times on the ship line. Even that ship once. It was alright.
I am in no way a cruise fan though. My wife on the other hand has probably been on as many as the captain has. LOL
She is an expert on them.

You should have fun though.

------------------
ALL NSX
92 RED/BLACK 5-SPEED

Cool. Thanks for the input! It did look very Vegas-like in the pics. I was hoping no one was going to come back and say it was a roach motel on the water. I figure if I like it we can always go to a nicer one later in the year. We were going to go back to Sandals Dunn River in Jamaica, but the $2000.00 I will save can now go strait to the Science of Speed/Mark Basch fund
wink.gif

Back