GTR is making a move for the competition

Thanks for posting Vance as I was about to. What's interesting is C/D saying three powertrains possible. Hybrid , V8 twin turbo and the V10.

Since this seems to be the car that Honda is shooting for they may indeed have to turbo the new car just to stay in the thick of things BUT perhaps they stay NA and increase TQ to hang with the others. Not sure but they're in for some really and I mean REALLY stiff competition in the next two years.

I feel that since honda has been the king of N/A as far as power per liter it is only right for them to come out with an awesome n/a powerplant that makes really good power along with the electric system to control the
SH-AWD.

Last edited:
I feel that since honda has been the king of N/A as far as power per liter it is only right for them to come out with an awesome n/a powerplant that makes really good power along with the electric system to control the
SH-AWD.

You know I keep thinking that in my head and I am sure many others are too, but there is no way they can compete if they stick to NA power for a V6 unless Honda is able to extract 140/150 hp per liter, which is not realistic IMO. 3.8 liters like the GT3 for a V6 is too large and not Honda's style.

I would be quite satisfied with a very rev happy turbo V6 that is reliable and built like the GTR to handle more power than stock (which is a typical JDM thing anyways). So 8,500 or 9,000 redline with turbo, I would be thoroughly satisfied with that. If you are going to turbo, it has to rev pass 8K still Honda! This is why I'm excited to see the specs for the new turbo Civic Type R. I think it will redline at 8K if not ~8.5k.

You know I keep thinking that in my head and I am sure many others are too, but there is no way they can compete if they stick to NA power for a V6 unless Honda is able to extract 140/150 hp per liter, which is not realistic IMO. 3.8 liters like the GT3 for a V6 is too large and not Honda's style.

I would be quite satisfied with a very rev happy turbo V6 that is reliable and built like the GTR to handle more power than stock (which is a typical JDM thing anyways). So 8,500 or 9,000 redline with turbo, I would be thoroughly satisfied with that. If you are going to turbo, it has to rev pass 8K still Honda! This is why I'm excited to see the specs for the new turbo Civic Type R. I think it will redline at 8K if not ~8.5k.

Seeiing as how the next R8 will be V8 TT I'm starting to fall inline with this as well. I don't want it turbo but I just don't think they'll be competitive w/o it anymore , but if they could get 140-150hp NA it would be AWESOME! It would show they did learn something in their absence from this segment. If they could do that I wouldn't care what anybody said about how much HP it had or if it wasn't as fast as GTR becuase it would be so much driving pleasure.

Back