GTR At Road America Vid.

The GTR sounds pretty good. And that trackmate DA is very clear in the video. What's a good lap time at RA? How'd your car run?

Car is running great Shawn. Fastest street car I've timed and had a ride in at RA was Kip Olsons SC NSX a couple years back. He ran 2.24 solo and 2.26 with a passenger.

What's a good lap time at RA?

FWIW: Spec Miata: 2:46, SBF2000 (Skippy formula car): 2:35, Porsche GT3 Cup: 2:20, Champ car: 1:39!:eek:
(my personal best 2:39)

way back when xpo was at RA the advanced/instructer groups had guys in the low 40's with the usual mutatants in the mid 30's:wink:

way back when xpo was at RA the advanced/instructer groups had guys in the low 40's with the usual mutatants in the mid 30's:wink:

Had to post this from a couple years back back when Kip was there...his car just sounded awesome. Made me want to send my car to Shad and get the same setup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnZQ5qQOT7c

Last edited:
The GTR sounds pretty good. And that trackmate DA is very clear in the video. What's a good lap time at RA? How'd your car run?

It looked to me like he was just playing. Having only done about 8 laps at RA, my STI corner speeds were similar if not higher. The GTR had about 20 mph more on the straights. 92 mph in the kink, 75 in the carousel are both pretty weak for that car. That's a nice video he's got. I look forward to seeing the next one where hes runs in the high 2:20's.

NASA RA Track Records

It looked to me like he was just playing. Having only done about 8 laps at RA, my STI corner speeds were similar if not higher. The GTR had about 20 mph more on the straights. 92 mph in the kink, 75 in the carousel are both pretty weak for that car. That's a nice video he's got. I look forward to seeing the next one where hes runs in the high 2:20's.

NASA RA Track Records

I agree... I was similar in speed on the back side from 5-14 I was close to his speed if not faster into Canada Corner I was seeing close to 140mph. He was taking it easy...only had the car a couple weeks and no track insurance.

Back