• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

GT-R with extra parts.

gtr-engine-bay.jpg

If the Nissan GT-R's 478 horsepower twin-turbo engine isn't powerful enough for you, the tuners at Power Enterprises has some hardware to put Godzilla over the top. PE has two kits available and a third coming to the Tokyo Auto Salon in January. The 35GTR 560 (as in 560 hp) kit features a PE P-Map ECU, PWR Air Impulse II air filters and an upgraded intake kit. The 35GTR 600 kit has the above upgrades, plus upgraded wastegate actuators and a Supersonic Titanium 89 mm exhaust.

For those among the GT-R crowd that could simply never have enough power, Power Enterprises is also working on a twin-charger setup that adds twin superchargers to the mix. the Four Charger System adds a pair of Rotrex C30-94 superchargers to bump the power quotient to 650 ponies. More importantly, the superchargers should provide nearly limitless mid-range torque, making turbo lag a non-issue. We're guessing track day would be a hell of a lot of fun with that setup, and we'd imagine that a twin-turbo, twin-supercharged GT-R would sound something like Doc's time-traveling locomotive from Back to the Future. We'll be on the lookout for more twin-charger details closer to the Tokyo Motor Show on January 9.

eventually it will happen

shrapn~1.jpg

I don't get the point of your post.:confused:

A lot of people will mod the hell out of their car. It is just the way it is, when you mod a car to a certain extent, things will break. Even bullet proof Supras or NSX can have things break when modded. At least the motor can easily handle 600+hp and run faster lap times than F430 Scuderia, Z06, 997TT, GT2, and Zonda F in stock form.

Stock or modded, GTR is pretty darn bullet proof. Don't believe what you read on internet. Things usually get way over exaggerated out of proportion. Imagine if a guy works at Autozone tells you that GTR has a glass tranny and when you asked him to elaborate, he tells you he read it from some dude's post linked from other forums.

Like NSX, greatness are usually accompanied with hate from ignorance. We complaint about people not respecting NSX, complaining about people calling NSX dog slow, complaint about people calling it over priced, etc... Give respect where it is due.

Last edited:
true

I think if Nissan can work the bugs out they will have a great car. However they are never going to have Ferrari performance with Nissan ease of ownership.

The NSX has Honda reliability...untill you add a SC and make it as fast as a GTR or Ferrari. Then it has the same reliability as a Ferrari.

They got glass tranny!!!:eek::eek::eek:

j/k :biggrin:

Yeah, I guess lots of people try to find all the negative about the car. Just take it as it is... Something you don't mind parked in your garage, well at least I don't :biggrin: We got GTRs here having the HKS GT570 kit with unbelievable dyno numbers from couple of pipe replacement, acuators and boost controller.

Link from our local vendors
http://shh-proshop.blogspot.com/2008/08/hks-gt570-package-is-here-at-shh-pro.html

rumors and internet inuendo become fact:wink:I don't have any first hand knowledge of the gtr.A colleague told me the local nissan dealer told him the car was hard to service and that oil changes cost 1000.00$ True or not?Now give it a wk and the 1k oil change will be fact:eek:

rumors and internet inuendo become fact:wink:I don't have any first hand knowledge of the gtr.A colleague told me the local nissan dealer told him the car was hard to service and that oil changes cost 1000.00$ True or not?Now give it a wk and the 1k oil change will be fact:eek:
Likely true. They will out an oil change on my Audi at more than $500.00..... Thank goodness I've wrenched for years. :smile:

is that $500 in pesos or something?? My expensive audi dealership here wants $280 for alignment and $100 for oil change, full synthetic for the rs6.

is that $500 in pesos or something?? My expensive audi dealership here wants $280 for alignment and $100 for oil change, full synthetic for the rs6.
You know I honestly don't know. I suspect they do a few more things than just change the oil. You know one of those all inclusive offerings that was pushed by the dealer when they found out I was the new owner of an RS6. First one the dealer had ever seen given that they were only 90 offered across Canada in 2004. Anyway, I cited the number only because I was inquiring about a few things with the local Audi dealer when I was looking to purchase the shop manuals on DVD and that was one of the things that came up in discussion. That and the $2500-$3000 torque converter repair. lol

Given that I perform all my own maintenance and mods I really didn't even think a lot about it. You are likely more correct than I.

Tim

I bet it could become fact in a week:biggrin: The oil change actually cost $173 from Nissan in SoCal.

BMW charge me $0 for oil change, free loaner, and greeting with a fleet of hot chicks at BMW service department are free as well:cool:. People used to tell me Bimmers are expensive to maintain :biggrin:.

Last edited:
I bet it could become fact in a week:biggrin: The oil change actually cost $173 from Nissan in SoCal.

BMW charge me $0 for oil change, free loaner, and greeting with a fleet of hot chicks at BMW service department are free as well:cool:. People used to tell me Bimmers are expensive to maintain :biggrin:.

They are if you keep them past the warranty.

Back