GT-R, Nissan's new 480hp Beast - Official specs/photos

This thing does look like a celica on crack but you have to admit it is fast. I am really impressed and really depressed about the new NSX. Even in test mule mode it would expect it to be faster then this... more hp and possibly lighter then the GTR? I'm sure the LF-A is lapping the ring just as fast as a 997 if not faster. hmmmm dissapointing... =(

Yeah I'd say to hold off on passing the looks judgment until you see one in person.

I had always been told that the GTRs never looked that great until you see them in person and one day I saw the one GTR in Knoxville ( black R33).
Yep. They were right. That thing looked great in person.
I hear they have a presence. Maybe this one has a presence too?

Cars that beat z06's and 911 turbos around tracks for 70k always have presence. The highest variant is going to be even more ridiculous. Can you say ring in 7:29?

Why are people hating on the tranny? Dual clutch is very F1
...and look how far away it is from the engine :eek:

a>

a>

a>

a>

Hate the look if it, they have obviously wanted to make to help the brand by making it look related to the 350z. So for me it looks like a big ass 350z with a kit on.

I loved the front of the concept car, shame they didn't keep it.

You can't have a presence when your very best press photos look like that. The car doesn't have a single good angle. Not knocking the performance at all, it's just plain ugly and is lost in it's appearance. It's a breakfast, lunch, & dinner vomit-like medley of poor styling cues with not a single bit of originality to me. Now if you buy it to fly around the track, that's great. Just don't lie to yourself and pretend it looks good... :wink:

I've never been a Nissan fan and the press photos were just ok for me. I know alot of people have been complaining about the looks, but these pics that someone else posted here are really nice. I'm really digging the car in these 3 colors.

Attachments

• GTR.jpg
    GTR.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 96
  • GTRblack.jpg
    GTRblack.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 87
  • GTRred.jpg
    GTRred.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 93
Yeah I'd say to hold off on passing the looks judgment until you see one in person.

+1

I'm sure when we see these in person, each and every one of us will do some serious creaming.

I personally always thought, and still do, that Lambo Diablo, Ferrari F50, Toyota Supra and the Dodge Viper, among many more, are all terrible looking cars but I wouldn't say "no" to owning any one of them, ever.

If you want a pretty car, the VW New Beatle starts at under $17K!

+1

I'm sure when we see these in person, each and every one of us will do some serious creaming.

I personally always thought, and still do, that Lambo Diablo, Ferrari F50, Toyota Supra and the Dodge Viper, among many more, are all terrible looking cars but I wouldn't say "no" to owning any one of them, ever.

If you want a pretty car, the VW New Beatle starts at under $17K!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bingo
Well said....:)
I still take my NSX over this GTR though.

Doesn't matter what the price is SUPPOSED to be because ALL Nissan dealerships are marking them up and MANY are going to the highest bidder!!!

My local dealerships START at $30k over sticker.

Thats insane.

whether you like/dislike the GT-R, it's about time Nissan released a sequel. Perhaps (and this is wishful thinking) the GT-R will get Honda of its butt and design a new NSX. Did i mention wishful thinking? :D

Did anyone notice in the Nürburgring run, the timing is done starting at the end of the pit straight until the beginning of the pit straight. The straight itself is not timed, JUST LIKE THE NSX-R'S LAP ON BEST MOTORING. Why does no one make a stink about how this is not the "complete lap?"

I feel that this timing strategy is legitimate, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually one of the standard methodologies for many Nordschleife lap time measurements. If you are renting those garages, it just makes too much sense. I am just annoyed that people single out BM for doing exactly what the Nissan guys (and no doubt others) did.

On topic, I think the GT-R is the first Nissan I have actually lusted for since the 300ZXTT from the early 90s. If I didn't have an NSX, I'd probably get one. On the other hand, the car looks pretty boring (read easy) to drive compared to the NSX--from the video, I get the feeling it drives like an Evo, all gadgets and computer controls.

Did anyone notice in the Nürburgring run, the timing is done starting at the end of the pit straight until the beginning of the pit straight. The straight itself is not timed, JUST LIKE THE NSX-R'S LAP ON BEST MOTORING. Why does no one make a stink about how this is not the "complete lap?"

I feel that this timing strategy is legitimate, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually one of the standard methodologies for many Nordschleife lap time measurements. If you are renting those garages, it just makes too much sense. I am just annoyed that people single out BM for doing exactly what the Nissan guys (and no doubt others) did.

On topic, I think the GT-R is the first Nissan I have actually lusted for since the 300ZXTT from the early 90s. If I didn't have an NSX, I'd probably get one. On the other hand, the car looks pretty boring (read easy) to drive compared to the NSX--from the video, I get the feeling it drives like an Evo, all gadgets and computer controls.

I think the reason they do it, is just because thats how lap times were first recorded for comparison. Since it became a standard, no one changed the standard. Its like changing 0-60mph to 0-62mph. It might make sense to compare with the 0-100kmh, but almost makes all the data you've collected worthless no matter how minute that change is.

As for the GT-R, I'd lust to have a Coupe that could fit somewhat comfortably 2 people in the back, AWD and FI as well as Japanesse Reliability. I've been stuck with nothing except a BMW 335xi Coupe or Porsche 911 Turbo which barely has back seats that can be considered useable. This one car could replace my desires for a 911 Turbo, E55 Kompressor, a Supra Turbo, and my current SC M3 @ 500rwhp...

Off course I'd have to drive one to see :biggrin:

It looks like a Transformer. Not good.

Add me to the list of people who wouldn't buy it unless it has a traditional manual transmission.

I can't believe so many people are hating on the transmission. Twin-clutch gearboxes are a superior technology for both performance and fuel economy. They will be the standard on performance vehicles in the future, so we're going to have to accept this technology!

BTW, if the do make a standard manual transmission for the GTR, the twin-clutch version will destroy it on the track and in a straight line.

You can't have a presence when your very best press photos look like that. The car doesn't have a single good angle. Not knocking the performance at all, it's just plain ugly and is lost in it's appearance. It's a breakfast, lunch, & dinner vomit-like medley of poor styling cues with not a single bit of originality to me. Now if you buy it to fly around the track, that's great. Just don't lie to yourself and pretend it looks good... :wink:

Don't worry if your in your NSX it should fly past you so fast you will not get a good view. :biggrin:

Don't worry if your in your NSX it should fly past you so fast you will not get a good view. :biggrin:

lol.

I actually like the way it looks. There's no mistaking it for a lame family sedan or anything German. Honestly, the interior looks perfect too.

With the announcement of the V-spec version already, this car is going to be very hard to resist...manual or not.

Nissan gave the people what they wanted. A Japanese Corvette. Fast as hell, but in the price range of more than just the elite.

It's like having a 911 turbo that costs half as much and is actually faster. wow..not bad.
nissan-gt-r-2.jpg

Honestly..what's not to like? Everything is going edgy in design these days...gotta roll with the times.

The more I read about the car and the more I look at it, I want one BADLY! This car moves me the same way I felt the first time I saw my first true automotive love..My NSX. Im getting one when they come in a true manual trans, but I want to rob one:wink: Dealers, they are always trying to rape you.:biggrin: $30k Markups over sticker?:eek:

The more I read about the car and the more I look at it, I want one BADLY! This car moves me the same way I felt the first time I saw my first true automotive love..My NSX. Im getting one when they come in a true manual trans, but I want to rob one:wink: Dealers, they are always trying to rape you.:biggrin: $30k Markups over sticker?:eek:

You don't have any hookups through your dealer network to get you down to MSRP at least?

Back