GS 400 vs NSX

I know this is the NSX forum, but I wanted your opinion. I am looking at getting rid of my Legend, and getting a used GS400. I wanted to see what could be done with them performance wise, and seems like thre are some things out there.
I found one product here : http://www.swiftracing.com./vehicles/lexus/gs/intake400.htm

it claims 30 hp gains. and posts a dyno chart as well. in looking at the chart, it states 225 horsepower then a gain of another 22 hp.

first.. is this really possible to get 30 hp out of just an intake?

and second, why is the 300 hp GS400 hp ony 225 at the wheels? when a 270 hp NSX puts out the rouchly the same if not more? does an automatic suck 25% of the power?

ERic

1 - I don't know the GS400, but I suspect that an intake mod can make quite a difference in any Lexus because of Toyota's generous use of sound baffles in some of their vehicles.

2 - The NSX is just better than most other cars with respect to drivetrain efficiency.

If you are only going to lightly modify the Lexus, then a torque converter can be purchased early on and easily be the single most effective mod.

Check out clublexus.com for more info.

Originally posted by W:

If you are only going to lightly modify the Lexus, then a torque converter can be purchased early on and easily be the single most effective mod.

Check out clublexus.com for more info.

I'd concur with Walter on this. Reading a number of posts in the SC400 forum @Clublexus.com, it seems a good amount of modded users recommended the torque convertor route.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Back