GruppeM Boost Sensor Placement on CTSC

Hey Guys, I just got the GruppeM boost Gauge with Sensor. Where do I install the sensor? Do I need to tap the intake? or is there a hole already threaded that I can use?

Thanks,

Mine is tapped in the side of the intake manifold just under the compressor nose

On the Gruppe M supercharger, there is already a threaded hole which has a plug installed; you remove the plug, and install the boost sensor in its place.

If you're installing this unit on a non-Gruppe M supercharger, such as the CTSC, you will need to retrofit it to your system, this means tapping a hole.

On the Gruppe M supercharger, there is already a threaded hole which has a plug installed; you remove the plug, and install the boost sensor in its place.

If you're installing this unit on a non-Gruppe M supercharger, such as the CTSC, you will need to retrofit it to your system, this means tapping a hole.

ok, I thought the CTSC intake manifold already had a hole that I could use.

-Frank

ok, I thought the CTSC intake manifold already had a hole that I could use.

-Frank

There is a hole on top of the TB the sensor will thread into, but it is plugged, so you will not be able to install the sensor there, you will need to create one, or source an alternative electronic sensor with the same specifications, that can be Teed into an existing vacuum line.

As I mentioned, when I used mine, I used the GMSC, which had a provision for the boost sensor. When I went with a turbocharger, and there was no such provision, I didn't want to tap a hole into my intake manifold for this sensor, so I looked elsewhere. I ended up fitting a blitz boost gauge/turbo timer into the clock:

peakhold.jpg

Not sure what hole Scorp is talking about but the old Whipple ctsc manifold has a hole with plug in it on the side that is near the alternator.
I simple unscrewed this plug with an allen key and then threaded in my fitting that I had that came with my 12 dollar boost gauge.
The boost gauge must go under your whipple, not before it in your throttle body.
Trev.
I think the wording is throwing people off here.
The question is actually about a Comptech supercharger.
Now I don't know if people have the old whipple or the new autorotor.
I only know about the old Whipple Manifold as shown in this photo.
Side note but I'm not sure on the Whipple: there are two hoses coming from the bottom of the manifold. One runs to the map sensor and one runs to your Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator. I guess a person could tee off of one of these hoses, but I'd rather not. Especially the RRFPR since its so important for it to see your boost.

Attachments

• Boostplugresize.jpg
    Boostplugresize.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Back