Gruppe M Shift knob question

Well, my awesome girlfriend got me a gruppe M knob and a carbon/mesh boot from Chris @ SoS for a few of my Christmas presents. The boot looks awesome but the knob looks extremely small to me. My car is sealed in the bubble so I haven't had a chance to see if it looks more normal in the car. Does anyone here have one? Does it seem too small or is it cool once it's installed? Thanks in advance for the input, chris is out on vacation. Thanks!
Aaron

94 NSX Green/Tan - Sleeping for the winter

89 Hybrid CRX Si SOHC VTEC - a great sled

Originally posted by AaronR:
Well, my awesome girlfriend got me a gruppe M knob and a carbon/mesh boot from Chris @ SoS for a few of my Christmas presents. The boot looks awesome but the knob looks extremely small to me. My car is sealed in the bubble so I haven't had a chance to see if it looks more normal in the car. Does anyone here have one? Does it seem too small or is it cool once it's installed? Thanks in advance for the input, chris is out on vacation. Thanks!
Aaron

I have the knob and love it.. I'm thinking of getting the CF shift boot as well but was waiting to see how it would look with the GruppeM shift knob... please post pics when you finally install the CF shift boot with the GruppeM knob... the knob doesn't look small... it shortens the throws too..

R

Aaron- I've got that combo on my car right now, I'll post a pic up pretty soon.

You'll love the knob, it shortens the throw(at least feels like it) and the position of your arm where it rests is so much better than stock. It is one of the only knobs that screw all the way down the threads.

Once you put the boot on, you may want a CF dash kit to match all around..thats what I convinced my GF to get for xmas =) =)

Nice! another NSX in Boston Area!

Originally posted by spike:
I have the knob and love it.. I'm thinking of getting the CF shift boot as well but was waiting to see how it would look with the GruppeM shift knob... please post pics when you finally install the CF shift boot with the GruppeM knob... the knob doesn't look small... it shortens the throws too..

R

Originally posted by AaronR:
Aaron

I just spend yesterday morning installing a Zanardi titanium shift knob with the carbon-fibre/mesh boot. It looks amazing, and shifting is much more crisp now. I will take some pix in the next day or two and post them.
(removing the console is kind of a pain in the butt; there are lots of old posts on how to do it. also, you will have to drill holes in the carbon fibre to mount the 1-2-3-4-5-6-R emblem on the bottom)

Rick
Florida

Originally posted by BostonNSX:
Nice! another NSX in Boston Area!

Yeah.. I've been an infrequent poster... I've got a 91 Sebring Silver with 9500 miles... looking for a mechanic in the NE
region to install headers, exhaust, and AIS..

R

Isn't that the Zanardi shift knob... I thought the Zanardi knob was different from the GruppeM..

R

The knob in the picture is twice the size of the knob I recieved. Mine is about 2 1/4 inches tall only. Hence either that is not a gruppe M knob or maybe they make more than one kind???

Can this GruppeM knob be used with the original boot, or do you have to get a new boot too? I am interested in replacing my worn leather shift knob, but I don't really want to change the boot...any suggestions?

------------------
Todd E. Williams
'94 NSX Berlina Black/Onyx

Here's mine, a little dark, you cant see the CF after the boot, but you can see the actual difference in the boot material than the OEM leather..

fce0b338.jpg

The GruppeM shift knob is a scaled down version of the NA1 NSX-R shift knob. Many people found that it hurts their hand because it is so small. We designed a new shift knob that sits low on the shift stalk, but fits more comfortably in your hand. It's also the only shift knob on the market to feature a clip-on base that allows the factory leather shift boot to clip on to the base (it's really trick!) or to allow a secure mounting point for the tie strap in the NSX-R mesh boot to clamp on to. In my opinion, it's the best feeling knob with the best short shift throw. We also have a replica of the new NSX-R shift knob for a reasonable price as well that is new.

Check it out:
http://www.scienceofspeed.com/products/interior_performance_products/NSX/ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/default.asp

rapid_shift_450.jpg

Regards,
-- Chris

------------------
Revolutionize your NSX with ScienceofSpeed
www.ScienceofSpeed.com | [email protected] | 877-863-4520

Have I ever seen you driving your NSX around Dorchester area

Yeah.. I've been an infrequent poster... I've got a 91 Sebring Silver with 9500 miles... looking for a mechanic in the NE
region to install headers, exhaust, and AIS..

R

Back