Group buy on lightweight jacks

I found this surfing over at ClubLexus. It is the same jack sold by Griots for $595 and Dali for $550. Right now group rate is $450, maybe lower. Contact Ken at [email protected] for details. He does accept PayPal. Lud, if this is out of line, let me know and I will delete this post.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

I've never understood the appeal of a lightweight jack unless you plan to run through the paddock to the pits with it under your arm.

Can someone explain to me why they spend 10x more than necessary to save a few pounds of garage weight? I'll pay a few more bucks for an extra low one, but not for one that weighs a few less pounds. Perhaps this is another status symbol to some people?

Because you need to load it and unload it into and out of the car in the paddock. Even better is a super compact jack (with a low lift height) that won't take up much room in the NSX when you've also got four track tires packed in there.

When you are like me, who constantly working and adjusting the car on the track. Those lightweight jack is really worth the extra money.

The small jack that you can get from local parts store for about $30 is totally flimsy. Really hard to work with on the paddock, and most race cars will not fit cause of the low clearance.

The aluminum jack has almost the same quality as premium garage/shop floor jack. And I mean better than Sears shop floor jack. However, my personal experience are longacre ones and or Dali ones.

However, you can find a cheaper one in http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47246

[This message has been edited by Andrie Hartanto (edited 21 February 2002).]

I still say
rolleyes.gif
confused.gif

Originally posted by Andrie Hartanto:
The small jack that you can get from local parts store for about $30 is totally flimsy. Really hard to work with on the paddock, and most race cars will not fit cause of the low clearance.

But it's perfect if you have an NSX with stock ride height and you want a jack that's small enough to fit inside the car along with your overnight bag and track gear and four track tires and wheels.

However, you can find a cheaper one in http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=47246

"The Specifications for this item are not currently available online, or the item has been discontinued"

Back